BackgroundDoom is still considered to be one of the founding fathers of the FPS genre, as it has been the basis of so many games since. You are a marine stuck on a moon base with an entire horde of demons and undead marines from Hell. Armed only with a pistol, your mission is simple and clear: Get bigger and better weapons to blast your way through a multitude of rigorous levels.
GameplayYou're a Marine stationed on Mars when a military experiment goes wrong. Your mission: Blast your way to freedom through the classic world of DOOM. Face off against Hell's army, including stampeding demons, and lay waste to rooms of monsters with an arsenal of classic weapons. Take the deathmatch online via Xbox Live and battle your friends for dominance of the leaderboards.
- Face off against cyber-organic mongrels, stampeding demons and ruthless, undead Marines.
- Take down the hell scum with an array of weapons, including chain guns, plasma guns and rocket launchers.
- Blast to freedom through artistically rendered environments and totally immersive sound effects.
forcesofodin played Doom
forcesofodin owns Doom
- Genre: Shooter (Mac)
- Theme(s): Horror, Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: id Software
- Publisher: id Software
Released North America Mar 7, 1994
- Doom 3 BFG Edition
- Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
- Doom 3
- Final Doom
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II: Hell on Earth