After the hugely popular and record breaking sales of Championship Manager 3, it was always assumed Sports Interactive will be releasing seasonal updates for CM 3 . Championship Manager:Season 99/00 was the first of these hugely successful updates. General opinion at the time was that no matter how impressive CM 3 was, this was the game most people expected CM 3 to be. All of Championship Manager 3's brilliance was retained with all the latest and up-to-date player and team information, plus many new features.
- Sixteen concurrent leagues will be playable, including for the first time the American MLS
- Accurate profiles and histories for over 40,000 players, managers, and coaches, collected by football fans from every corner of the globe
- A fully-fledged transfer system featuring all the intricacies of modern day negotiations
- Full international simulation featuring all the major tournaments plus B-team and U-21 management opportunities
- Updated pictures and in match sounds