BackgroundBent on Humankind's extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out the Earth's fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devastated colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot down and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Covenant. Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.
More information visit Neoseeker Halo Portal
GameplayHalo is a first-person shooter game where you take control of Master Cheif, a super soldier designed for combat. Travel through 10 different levels as you try to find a way into defeating the Covenant. Halo gives you a choice of using a lot of weapons including a rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, and even using the Covenant weapons. You may only carry up to 2 weapons that are different and up to eight grenades (four being fragment and four being plasma grenades). Rather than going through the entire levels on foot, you can also use vehicles to get around faster. Some of the Marine vehicles that are included are a warthog and a tank. Covenant vehicles include the Ghost and Banshee.
- Rich sci-fi experience. Halo transports you into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie, with a detailed, twisting storyline, complex characters and cunning enemies.
- Vehicle- and foot-based action. Tackle missions any way you choose, be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position in a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers to human tanks and more.
- Intense online multiplayer shootouts. Take the battle online with gamers from all over the world in a variety of individual and team based games such as Capture the Flag, Death Match, Oddball, King of the Hill, Race, and more. Includes brand new multiplayer maps in addition to all the classic originals.
- Huge weapon variety. Crush enemies with a vast array of human or Covenant weaponry, ranging from the stealthy semiautomatic pistols and Needler to the fierce Rocket Launcher and Fuel Rod Gun.
- Incredible mission variety. Fight the Covenant in a variety of missions as you uncover the dark secrets of Halo: attack outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry, and snipe at enemy forces.
- Indoor and outdoor combat. Fights are seamless in Halo's ultrarealistic indoor and outdoor environments. Hunt the Covenant continuously in a variety of single-player and multiplayer battles continuously.
- With the precision of mouse and keyboard support, play Halo like never before. Exploit high-end graphic cards with Halo in 1600x1200 resolution.
- 5.1 compatible. Enemy troops yell out the front speakers, while friendly troops yell assistance from the side. Hear bullets fired from behind you and watch them strike targets ahead in total surround sound.
Official URLOfficial Site
XavDoesG4MES and 15 others own Halo
KainDog and 2 others played Halo
- Genre: Shooter (Mac)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Westlake Interactive
- Publisher: MacSoft
Released North America Sep 14, 2003
- Also known as:
- Halo: Combat Evolved in North America / Japan / Europe / Australia
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo 4
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo Reach
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3
|John Forge||Jacob Keyes|
|Dr. Catherine Halsey||Brutes|
|Terrence Hood||Avery Johnson|
|Chopper||Prophet of Regret|
|Brute Plasma Rifle||Grunts|
|Prophet of Truth||Phantom|
|Human Warriors||Forerunner-Flood War|
|Jacob Keyes||Carrier Forms|