A story within a sandbox"Starbound begins with you fleeing your homeworld in a space shuttle, just as it’s destroyed by an unknown enemy. With nothing to guide it, the escape pod shoots into space without direction, becoming hopelessly lost in a sea of stars. As luck would have it, the space shuttle makes contact with an abandoned space station and an adventure begins that will take you hurtling across the universe."
Once on the space station, you'll have to fix it up, get a crew, and conduct research to increase your ability to explore the furthest reaches of the universe in retro side-scrolling fashion.
- Procedurally generated worlds, a whole universe to explore
- Each world has its own unique co-ordinates, share what you've found
- Lay claim to a planet, populating it with NPCs and alter the very weather and terraform it to your liking
- Features quests and story driven missions
- Fully Co-Op, band together and explore the universe
- Keep track of everything in an electronic logbook
- Factory - To create mechs (and maybe more?)
- Labs - To study and train captured creatures
- Scan objects and find special qualities
Official URLOfficial site.
Starbound's beta is here. I'll be honest and say I haven't been following the game's... posted Dec 04, 13 11:14am
Shadow of Death
Feb 23, 12 3:47pm
- Genre: Sci-Fi Adventure (Linux)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Chucklefish
- Publisher: Chucklefish
Released North America Q3 2012
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (unlimited)
- Online Multi-player (unlimited)
- Online Co-op (unlimited)