BackgroundSequel to the ever popular Golden Axe and Golden Axe II, once again peace in the land is threatened and the Golden Axe has gone missing. Playing as one of four characters, 2 of them returning for the third time, you must travel through several levels to retrieve the legendary axe. The levels are more interactive than ever before and now you can choose paths during the game. Can you recover the Golden Axe...?
GameplayLike the previous installments, this game is played from a side-on perspective. You can use your weapon to attack by standing, running or jumping. You can also use your magic to deal more damage than regular attacks to everyone on the screen at once. Animals that are used by your enemies can be mounted when you knock them off and they provide you with different attacks.
- Several levels but with different paths to take through them now
- 2 new characters from previous installments, but Gilius Thunderhead is no longer playable
- More interactive environments with destructible objects
- Action for one or two players
- Easiest Feb 5
HullCityTiger33 and 3 others own Golden Axe III
MrX867 and 2 others played Golden Axe III
I wasn't even aware that there had been a third game in this series until recently and...
- Genre: Fighting
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Sega
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America September 1993