BackgroundWWE WrestleMania X8's gameplay engine recreates all the action, excitement and tradition WWF fans have come to love. Experience professional wrestling as you step onto the mat to fight the most brutal band of brawlers around. Master each Superstar's unique wrestling style and turn the tide of the match through a combination of counters, reversals and bone-shattering finishing moves. Compete in six different venues including SmackDown!, Raw and WrestleMania.
GameplayNo other event has epitomized Vince McMahon's vision of sports-entertainment. It can only mean one event: the infamous WrestleMania, where the baddest men on the planet meet to become the greatest champions of all time. It's where champions are made, Superstar legacies are born and heroes live on.
WWF WrestleMania X8's original gameplay engine recreates all the action, excitement and tradition WWF fans have come to love. Experience the intensity and exhilaration of professional wrestling as you step onto the mat to fight the most brutal band of brawlers around.
Master each Superstar's unique wrestling style and turn the tide of the match through a combination of counters, reversals and bone-shattering finishing moves. Play as top WWF Superstars including newcomers Rob Van Dam, Booker T, DDP and the Hurricane.
Compete in six different venues including SmackDown!, Raw and the ultimate extravaganza, WrestleMania. Finally, relive the rich history surrounding WrestleMania and compete for championship glory through a host of match types including death-defying TLC matches or legendary Hell in a Cell match-ups.
- Complete roster of top Superstars including newcomers Booker T, Rob Van Dam, DDP and the Hurricane, each personalized with their own unique wrestling style and repertoire of finishing moves.
- Original gameplay engine focusing on simulation, reversals and momentum shifts.
- Champion Road - Start from the beginning and take your rookie jobber up through the ranks in quest for the Heavyweight Championship Belt.
- Up to 7 characters on screen at the same time including Superstars, announcers and referees.
- Six different arenas (WrestleMania, Raw, SmackDown!, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, and a Pay Per View arena)
- Multiple match variations including hardcore, tornado tag, triple threat, fatal 4-way and handicap matches.
- Authentic Superstar entrances with TitanTron video and signature music.
- TV-style presentation with dynamic lighting effects, pyrotechnics, camera flashes and multiple camera angles.
- Crowd reactions including cheering, booing, chanting and silence vary depending on the action in the match
WWE WrestleMania X8 brings the bright lights and brutal action of World...
This game rotts, I remember someone saying this game was better than Smackdown??!!!??...
this game is'nt that all great.the graphics are to cartoonish and the creat-a...
thq are responsible for this title and in mania ways the fighting system is closer to...
Before I get this review underway, I'd like to give an unexpected comment - I'm not a...
This game started out like the original Smackdown for Playstation with the limited...
well it's a very good game dispite the not a big selection of wrestlers.It may have...
The game is good despite all the faults in it and it is worth playing and buying but I...
The Hell in a Cell is what saved this game; absolutely a blast to play. Limited roster...
The game has the sharpest sound and graphics in any wrestling game to date but, lacks...
Bottom line is that this game rocks!
If u get this game and dont no who to use first, i...
- Genre: Boxing & Wrestling (GC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: THQ
- Publisher: THQ
Released North America Jun 10, 2002 Europe Sep 27, 2002 Japan Sep 6, 2002
- WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011
- WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
- WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW
- WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain
- WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth
- WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It