BackgroundThink you have what it takes to get into World Wrestling Entertainment? Think again. Welcome to the world of Sports Entertainment, where every rookie in the industry learns the school of hard knocks. Build your favorite Superstar from the ground-up and graduate to the world of WWE programming. From there you will begin your ultimate quest for the elusive WWE Championship Belt. But don't get too comfortable once you've made it, you will need to do more than watch your back to go all the way in this business. In WWE Day of Reckoning for the Nintendo GameCube, hit the ropes against 40 of the WWE's top Superstars in an all-new story mode where a rookie's dream becomes a Superstar's reality.
GameplayFinishers work in exactly the same manner as Wrestlemania XIX. Once you have obtained a special move, you press both A and B together to activate it. Then, once in the right position, press A and B together to execute the move on your opponent.
Submissions are now more interactive with the new "Tug of War" system. This works by both people tapping the A button. How fast you tap it determins how long the hold takes place. Also, if you're near the ropes, the wrestler in the hold will grab the ropes for a rope break.
There is now a body damage meter set next to your name. This will show what part of your body has been damaged with an easy-to-tell colour scheme:
No Colour = 100% fine.
Light Yellow = Slightly injured.
Yellow = Hurting a bit.
Orange = Gotta be careful. You're vulnerable.
Red = The lights are on, but no one's home.
So if you keep targeting your opponents right leg (by doing leg submissions or just using striking attacks) it will gradually wear down. The person with the damaged leg will then be very likely tap out to a submission move used on his right leg
- Take your created Superstar up the ranks in a completely original story mode that starts you at the "minor leagues" of Sports Entertainment, to WWE Velocity & Heat and all the way to the big-time of WWE programming
- WWE Legends: including the Eighth Wonder of the World: Andre the Giant
- Bra & Panties: For the first time in a WWE GameCube product, choose your favorite WWE Divas and go head-to head in the famous Bra & Panties match
- New detailed models and crowd environments with dynamic lighting and pyrotechnic effects featuring TV-style presentation
Official URLOfficial Site
Retro420 and 37 others own WWE Day of Reckoning
xbox360svr and 4 others played WWE Day of Reckoning
The moves, and variety of moves, is awesome, and the special system just as good....
- Genre: Boxing & Wrestling (GC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Yuke's
- Publisher: THQ
Released North America Aug 31, 2004 Europe Oct 10, 2004 Australia Sep 30, 2004
- WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011
- WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
- WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW
- WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain
- WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth
- WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It