BackgroundDirect one of three monkeys (Aiai, Miemie, and Baby), enclosed inside little balls, around 3D levels in an effort to collect as many Dole-licensed bananas (no, seriously) as you can before time runs out. As the levels tilt and change in terrain constantly, you must keep your monkey from falling. The control setup is incredibly simple, but with many puzzle games, the challenge is in the gameplay! A four-player head-to-head mode is included in this GC version.
GameplayTilt the stages just right and your monkey will zip down ramps, launch across a vast ocean, and maneuver through party games galore. Because they inhabit a transparent ball, the four versatile monkeys can act as a bowling ball (with pretty impressive spin), golf ball, and billiard ball. And the party doesn't end there! Engage in a variety of competitive races in Monkey Race, boxing in Monkey Fight, and flying in Monkey Target. While you plunge through the various beautiful stages that float high above deep canyons, the clock is running down, so don't take your time negotiating those corners. If you fall off the side, all is not lost; simply scoop up more bananas and once you collect 100, you get another life! As with most monkeys, AiAi, MeeMee, Baby, and Gongon love to play -- and in this case, win! Bring them to victory and you will be treated to their dance of glory
- Cute, simple, and powerfully addictive: Adorable, heart-stealing characters make game fun to play.
- Control a little monkey inside a transparent ball.
- Tilt the floor to roll the ball toward the goal.
- 10 Beginner stages, 30 Normal stages, 50 Advanced stages, and special hidden bonus stages.
- Bright, upbeat music that changes with the diverse environments.
- Easy to learn, difficult to master. Simple controls get beginner gamers right into the game.
- 6 Extra Modes of play include: Monkey Race, Monkey Fight, Monkey Target, Monkey Bowling, Monkey Billiards, and Monkey Golf!
- Extensive game play for 1-4 players
Ported from the arcade game with the same name. In the arcade you control your monkey using a joystick shaped like a banana (!).
Added on: June 20, 2001
Official URLOfficial Site
After the N64 was no more in May 2001, Sega stepped in to produce the first ever title...
This game really surprised me when I purchased this. I wasn't expecting much but...
This game is one of the simplest games I've played, but the addicting element still...
- Genre: Puzzle Games(GC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Amusement Vision
- Publisher: Sega
Released North America Nov 5, 2001