BackgroundSuper Smash Bros. Melee is the GameCube sequel to the N64 multiplayer brawl-fest, Super Smash Bros. Smash Bros. allowed you to do some serious smashin' using popular Nintendo characters like Mario, Link, and Samus, and Smash Bros. Melee gives you more of the original, with even more playable characters and game modes!
GameplayThe gameplay is just like the regular version of Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64. Choose from over dozens of your favorite Nintendo characters and compete into battles with one another. Select from a variety of stages, each containing their own special features such as the Pokemon Stadium (where the stage changes) and regular ones including the Star Fox ship. A lot of items are also available to choose from. These items randomly fall from the top of the screen and can be picked up so that you have a bigger advantage of defeating your opponent.
- The craziest four-player fighting game of all time returns for a frantic, fun-filled Nintendo GameCube Melee! Pick a classic character and enter the fray.
- A brand-new Adventure mode takes you through classic side-scrolling worlds like the Mushroom Kingdom!
- Choose from over 20 stages and wage battles with tons of items, like Bob-Ombs and the Super Scope.
- Tons of custom options await, each with a wild twist. Try playing Giant Melee for a gargantuan clash!
- Battle through a new Coin match, fight for style points in Bonus mode, or stage a tournament with up to 64 players!
- Unlock cool game secrets! Take on Event Mode and fight through specific battle challenges.
- As you play, collect nearly 300 detailed trophies of characters and items from throughout Nintendo's history.
Official URLOfficial Site
It's the biggest fighting game tournament in North America, if not the world. EVO Championship... posted Jul 12, 13 10:28am
Update: Nintendo has since decided to grant permission for the Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament to be... posted Jul 09, 13 3:31pm
EVO 2K13 Player's Choice donation drive raises over $230,000, Super Smash Bros. Melee unofficial winner
Update: As a reward for picking up over $78,000 in donations, EVO will provide equipment and a $1,000 prize pool... posted Feb 01, 13 12:01pm
- Genre: Fighting (GC)
- Theme(s): Family, Children's
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: HAL Laboratory
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Dec 2, 2001 Europe May 24, 2002 Japan Nov 21, 2001 Australia May 31, 2002
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (4)
- Also known as:
- Dairantou Smash Brothers DX in Japan
- Super Smash Bros. (1999)
|Peach||Mr. Game & Watch|
|Party Ball||Bunny Hood|
|Home-Run Bat||Screw Attack|
|Metal Box||Lip's Stick|