BackgroundSet two months and 5 days after the original game, the Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-Virus has been leaked throughout Raccoon City, infecting its citizens and turning them into mindless zombies. As the outbreak begins, you can play as one of two surviving humans: Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie cop on his first day of work, or Claire Redfield, a college student and motorbike-fanatic who is looking for her older brother, Chris (the protagonist of the first game). With the city in lockdown and thousands of zombies on their tails, Leon and Claire quickly find themselves fighting for their lives in the search for a way out of the city. But is there a creature much more powerful than a zombie lurking in the shadows?
- Zap System – Intricate sub-plots weave together to create multiple game play scenarios. Players complete the game once, play it again as the other character and ultimately experience a whole different game.
- Rookie Mode – Designed for novice players, this mode starts the player off with the three most powerful weapons in the game (rocket launcher, submachine gun and gattling gun plus unlimited ammunition).
- Damage indicators – As characters take on more and more damage it becomes increasingly difficult to escape from zombies. Players will see their character limp, stumble, and cringe from wounds and injuries.
- Hidden Characters – Play as Tofu and 4th Survivor in bonus mini games that can be accessed if the player completes and meets specific requirements.
- Hidden extreme battle mode – Offers three selectable levels with random enemy/item placement plus four playable characters.
EvilTediz597 and 82 others own Resident Evil 2
AlterBridge1994 and 26 others played Resident Evil 2
Apr 27, 09 7:54am
- Genre: Shooter (GC)
- Theme(s): Horror
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Jan 16, 2003 Europe May 30, 2003 Japan Jan 23, 2003
- Also known as:
- Biohazard 2 in Japan
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
- Resident Evil: Outbreak
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X