BackgroundSamus has finally returned! The moment Metroid fans have waited for is finally here. All the elements that made Metroid a classic — massive map exploration, a supercharged arsenal, incredible moves, huge bosses — are back, along with all-new features befitting the new generation of gameplay. The game features new heights of super-realism with real-time lighting and particle effects, pyrotechnic weapons and monsters you have to see to believe.
GameplayOne of the most anticipated games of 2002, Metroid Prime for Nintendo GameCube will be the fourth installment in the classic Metroid series, calling only one place home...and it's not Tallon IV. It's Nintendo GameCube! Feed this shiny new Metroid Prime Game Disc to your Nintendo GameCube, and get ready to witness legions of mutated enemies splatter, burst and explode into oblivion at the hands of one capable hero: Samus Aran.
- Use all the technological upgrades to Samus' Power Suit, including the Thermal and Scan Visors.
- Wield powerful weapons like the Wave and Ice beams as you take on the Space Pirates and their legions.
- Explore the enormous regions of Tallon IV, from the frozen Phendrana Drifts to the crumbling Chozo Ruins.
- Roll into the Morph Ball to explore tight spots, bomb through walls, and roll your way to out-of-reach areas.
Metroid Prime takes place after the first NES game, and before the GameBoy Color sequel, in the Metroid timeline of events.
Added on: March 26, 2001
Official URLOfficial Site
Metroid Prime is a game that came out in 2002 for the Nintendo Gamecube, remade in the Wii...
Alarios and 97 others played Metroid Prime
franzito and 396 others own Metroid Prime
- Genre: Shooter (GC)
- Theme(s): Sci-Fi (Futuristic)
- Perspective(s): First Person,Third Person
- Developer: Retro Studios, Inc.
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Nov 18, 2002 Europe Mar 21, 2003 Japan Feb 28, 2003