BackgroundExperience the first console role-playing game set in The Lord of the Rings universe in The Lord of the Rings, The Third Age. Travel in the wake of the Fellowship in a unique structure that allows players to explore their own path while periodically intersecting the major events of New Line Cinema's film trilogy.
GameplayPlay as all-new characters from Middle-earth, interacting with the heroes, villains, and supporting cast who populate the world. Your heroes or villains are completely upgradeable, allowing you to enhance their weapons, fighting style, and attributes. Then you will embark on a free-roaming adventure where you can complete the primary objectives or seek out the various side quests and uncover hidden characters, secret weapons, and powerful items.
Dispatch the forces of light or shadow with an innovative turn-based battle system. Ride horses or Wargs and charge through your foes. Use your leadership skills to maximize your party and unleash devastating attacks as you fight alongside or against key characters from the films such as Aragorn, Gandalf, and the Balrog.
Explore a beautiful and realistic world that features assets from all of the films, voice acting from the original actors, and motion capture from the films' stunt doubles.
- Play on the side of light or shadow. In an adventure that intersects the main plot points of the film trilogy, battle on the side of the Fellowship in their quest to save Middle-earth or unlock the evil missions where you fight on the side of Sauron.
- Deep gameplay that expands all three films. Travel to familiar and unfamiliar places such as the Mines of Moria, Helm's Deep, Pelennor Fields, Minas Tirith, and a host of unexpected locations like the White Mountains Plains.
- Customize your hero or villain: Upgrade your character with an in-depth skill tree system where you can acquire unique skills in melee combat, ranged weaponry, defense, and magic.
- Free-roaming gameplay. Explore, take on side quests, and uncover secret characters to join your party, or special weapons and items to boost your existing characters.
- New user-controlled cameras keep players aware of everything around them.
Innovative turn-based battle system allows you to fight on horseback or Warg and define the rules of engagement.
- Voiceover from the original actors and assets from all three The Lord of the Rings films
Guestadded The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age FAQ/Walkthrough v1.01 - dragonsinth
Oct 18, 13 12:00pm
Lukas and 8 others own The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
LloydToS and 4 others played The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
RazasonicPlayed it bout twice might get into it one day bought as a birthday present TheLordOfTheRingsTheThirdAge GBA
Apr 08, 09 4:56am
a0michi got stuck on the giant water monster..,, and i didnt play it anymore because i forgot to save it, i dont want to start over...... TheLordOfTheRingsTheThirdAge GBA
Jan 23, 09 10:19am
May 15, 05 2:14pm
EA games comes out with an other RPG adventure based on the Lord of the Rings movies....
Feb 06, 05 7:50pm
Oh man, this is the worst Lord of the Rings game to grace Middle Earth, Our Earth,...
- Genre: Fantasy (GC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Medieval
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Nov 2, 2004 Europe Nov 12, 2004 Japan Q4 2004 Australia Nov 12, 2004
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Guardians of Middle-Earth
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth
- The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
- The Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King
- The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring