BackgroundThe Italian Job is based on the 1969 movie of the same name. You take on the role of lovable rogue gang leader Charlie Croker in his attempt to steal $4,000,000 worth of gold in broad daylight from under the noses of the Polizei and Mafia. In Turin, the Alps, and London you'll thrash about in the Austin Mini Cooper S as well as sports cars, 4x4s, and a bus. There are 6 game modes including 16 'The Italian Job' missions and 2 massive 'Free Ride Levels'.
GameplayThe Italian Job is an arcade driving game with three modes of play - Story Mode, Circuit Racing and Stunt Driving. The Story Mode is based on the film's plot as you attempt to steal $28 million in gold bullion from under the nose of the man who betrayed you. The game features 15 different missions utilising a range of vehicles and gameplay styles. Create havoc on the streets of LA as you drive at break-neck speeds through environments based on locations in the film including the Hollywood Hills, Downtown LA and the city's Metro and storm drain system.
- Story Mode based on the film's plot featuring 15 missions with a variety of gameplay styles.
- Circuit Racing for 1 or 2 players (split-screen) around tracks based on locations from the film.
- Test your driving skills to the limit in the Stunt Driving offering you the chance to control a Mini Cooper over various obstacle courses.
- Environments based on locations from the film including the Hollywood Hills, Downtown LA and the city's Metro and storm drain system.
- Tear through the streets of LA in a variety of vehicles ranging from the new Mini Cooper and muscle car to an armoured truck and cable van.
- Cutting edge graphics engine running at a constant 60 fps (frames-per-second) with highly detailed textures and spectacular graphical effects.
- Exhilarating car handling and realistic damage model including body deformation and component removal.
- The story unfolds through the use of cinematic cut-scenes and voice-overs.
- Hidden extras including movie footage, interviews with the film's cast, film stills, concept art etc.
Official URLOfficial Site
Arcanium and 1 others own The Italian Job
Arcanium played The Italian Job
SpartaI would do anything to get my g.f. off my back to buy this game TheItalianJob PSX
Oct 20, 06 11:37am
F1D0A cheap game based on the 1969 hit movie of the same name. Hours of addictive driving fun. TheItalianJob PSX
Jun 14, 04 6:34pm