In the wake of one of North Korea's worst famines, an insidious North Korean general influences the government to secretly divert humanitarian aid to beef up its army, slowly gaining power in the process.
Fearful that North Korea is amassing huge quantities of military weapons, the new Chinese regime eliminates arms sales to North Korea. In response, the North Korean government initiates secret overtures to Russia, who strikes a quiet alliance. In the midst of another North Korean famine, food riots begin rocking the countryside, and the rogue North Korean general assumes complete control of the army. Blaming China for the famine, he begins charging north to seize Chinese territory with tacit support from its new Russian ally.
China moves to respond, but limits the level of escalation, fearing open conflict with Russia and a possible nuclear exchange. Instead, China officially agrees to a multinational force to safeguard the China-North Korean border. Unofficially, the Ghosts and other special forces go in. Their mission: cripple the North Korean threat and depose the rogue general.
GameplayAs the player, you are in control of your own troupe of fighters. This game combines gun skills with stealth tactics. Blazing your weapons in open fire may possibly work on the easiest of difficulties; however, in the more difficult arenas, it will not get you very far. Instead, one must learn to sneak up on, or better yet, past the enemy, in order to venture through this tactical espionage title.
- Complete immersion in the war of tomorrow: Players will utilize the most high-tech, advanced weapons and gadgets to defeat the smartest, deadliest AI yet in this epic struggle. Intense battle sequences, countless enemies, and a gritty story power the campaigns
- New graphic and physics technology: Real-life East Asian environments are rendered in stunning detail. Plus, Ghost Recon 2 features next-generation technology such as dynamic lighting, multi-texturing, and normal mapping. The new Havok 2 physics engine also provides realistic effects for destructible objects, moving vehicles, ragdoll physics, and spectacular special effects
- Lead a brand-new team of special forces: Interact with and fight alongside characters new to the Ghost Recon world - each with his or her own look, personality, and specialization. As the Ghost leader, control your squad via voice commands and a new, one-click interface
- All-new camera angle fully immerses you in the war: Ghost Recon 2 unveils a brand-new camera view to the Ghost Recon world. The OTS (over-the-shoulder) view allows players to see their characters and weapons and watch characters react to surrounding mortar, gunfire, and airstrikes. Players can also communicate with teammates via hand signals to silently trap enemies
Official URLOfficial Site
ArashiMaster played Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
ArashiMaster and 3 others own Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
Jun 11, 05 11:55am
- Genre: Shooter (GC)
- Theme(s): Military, Espionage/Secret Ops
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Red Storm
- Publisher: Ubisoft
Released North America Feb 15, 2005 Europe Q4 2004 Australia Q4 2004
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
- Ghost Recon: Desert Siege
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon