BackgroundWhen the original Donkey Konga hit Japan with its crazy conga drum peripheral, the masses deemed it a good thing. The game, developed by Namco, struck a chord with Japanese gamers and garnered a loyal enough following that Nintendo and Namco have teamed up again for a sequel, Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade. Donkey Konga 2 serves up more of what gave the original its appeal: monkeys, drums, an eclectic mix of Japanese music, multiplayer support, and general wackiness.
GameplayYou'll see Donkey Kong on the left side of the screen along with his trusty drum. When you play the game, a steady stream of action icons scroll in from the right. As they near a marker by your drum, you'll have to perform the appropriate action. The game has four different actions: left drum, right drum, both drums, and clapping. Some actions are also stretched out to cover a longer area, asking you to execute that action as quickly as possible for more points. If you are in time with the song, you do well and earn points. Missing the cues eventually causes you to lose the game.
- Supports the Donkey Konga controller or the standard GameCube controller. One controller gives you the proper wacky experience.
- Up to 4 players can enjoy the fun.
- Improved graphics.
- The backgrounds include polygonal 3D environments that allow some camera movement as you play, which helps keep the game visually interesting.
Official URLOfficial Site
TwinTailedCat and 13 others own Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade
smb3master and 2 others played Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade
Released partly as a sequel to the original Donkey Konga, and amidst complaints that...
- Genre: Rhythm & Music (GC)
- Theme(s): Family, Children's
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Namco
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America May 9, 2005 Europe Jun 3, 2005 Japan Jul 1, 2004
- Donkey Kong (2006)
- Donkey Kong 3 (2008)
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
- Donkey Kong Jr. (2006)
- Donkey Kong Jr. Math (2007)
- New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (2009)
- Downstream Panic! (2008)
- Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007)
- DK Jungle Climber (2007)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (2006)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (2010)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (2009)
- Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong (2004)
- DK: King of Swing (2005)
- Donkey Kong Coconut Crackers (2001)
- Donkey Kong Country (2003)
- Donkey Kong Country 2 (2004)
- Donkey Kong Country 3 (2006)
- Donkey Kong Plus (2003)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (2004)
- Donkey Kong (1994)
- Donkey Kong Country (2000)
- Donkey Kong Land (1995)
- Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)
- Donkey Kong Land III (1997)
- Donkey Kong Country (1994)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (1996)
- Donkey Kong (1983)