BackgroundOne day, Donkey Kong and Diddy discover a pair of odd barrels on a deserted beach. After showing the barrels to Cranky Kong, they learn the barrels are really a legendary musical instrument that plays music not only when you drum on it, but also when you clap. Donkey Kong christens the instrument the DK Bongo, and he and Diddy decide that they will become famous musicians, get rich and buy all the bananas they could ever want
GameplayIn every mode, performances are graded by how accurately players drum along to the rhythms shown on screen. In Street Performance mode, players play for DK Coins. The better their performances, the more coins they earn. Coins are used to purchase expert-level music, alternate sound sets for the DK Bongo and mini-games too. In Challenge mode, players must match a set performance score to move on to the next song, with the ultimate goal of playing every song in the game in one sitting. Vs. mode pits two players against each other to see who can achieve the higher score. Hitting strategically placed POW blocks will lower opponents' scores, and there's a drumroll contest for bonus points as well. When making music, the more the merrier, and in Jam Session up to four players can grab a bongo and go bananas! No matter the mode, no matter the numbers, Donkey Konga is musical fun that's sure to challenge and entertain gamers everywhere
- Contains one set of Nintendo Kongas
- Play along with your favorite tunes using the all-new DK Bongo drum controller. The simple controls incorporate both drumming and clapping for a unique experience that will appeal to gamers of all ages.
- Multiplayer musical mayhem! Connect up to four DK Bongos for rollicking jam sessions or match your rhythmic prowess against a rival in the 2-player Vs. mode.
- Over 30 familiar songs, ranging from kids' medleys to classical to pop favorites! With three difficulty levels and five modes of play, Donkey Konga will have gamers everywhere drumming, clapping and dreaming of musical fame and fortune.
Hardware RequirementsDonkey Konga is playable via the DK Bongo controllers, the hardware is sound and touch sensitive to pick up taps and claps from the player
Official URLOfficial Site
TwinTailedCat and 47 others own Donkey Konga
Curtzillaa very creative game. seems like a very early version of guitar hero. DonkeyKonga GC
Jul 23, 12 9:26pm
Seeaker and 6 others played Donkey Konga
islandrulerDon't really understand the point of it, but it's still fun. DonkeyKonga GC
Jul 18, 09 6:48pm
ilovenintendoOOOOHH! I remember THIS one! Banging that obnoxious drum at 1 in the morning probably wasn't the best idea... DonkeyKonga GC
Jun 29, 09 4:36am
Sep 14, 05 1:41pm
Guys: imagine a music-based game. You're probably thinking of a dance mat or a karaoke...
Theory of Chaos
Aug 24, 05 6:52pm
Controllers are overrated. I mean, really. Each game for your Cube uses that same...
- Genre: Rhythm & Music (GC)
- Perspective(s): Flat side view
- Developer: Namco
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Sep 27, 2004 Europe Oct 15, 2004 Japan Sep 27, 2004