BackgroundAfter being humiliated yet again by Crash Bandicoot® at the end of Crash Twinsanity, Cortex returns to his evil scheming in his dilapidated Iceberg Lair. He stumbles across a newspaper article regarding the closure of Ebeneezer Von Clutch's condemned racing arena. He hatches a sinister plan to challenge Crash to a seemingly friendly race competition... with plans of crushing the hapless bandicoot under the ruins of the hazardous racetrack! Will the evil doctor's plans be the end of our furry hero?
GameplayIn Crash Tag Team Racing, players can "clash" their car with an opponent's mid-race to make a super-car equipped with a powerful turret gun. When clashed, players can either get behind the wheel and drive, or fire an onboard weapon. Each character has his or her own uniquely deadly 360˚ rotating turret. Players can continue the action out of the car where they can explore the entire world on foot and collect upgrades for their cars and unlock bonus tracks.
- Unique "Clashing" Feature. For the first time ever in a racing game, players can combine their car with an opponent's mid-race to make a super-car equipped with a powerful turret gun. When clashed, players can either get behind the wheel and drive or fire an onboard weapon.
- Out-of-Car Action. Explore the entire world on foot collect upgrades for cars, unlock bonus tracks and talk to other characters.
- Destruction. Each character has his or her own uniquely deadly 360˚ rotating turret. Trackside objects are fully destructible.
- Jordan Reicheck Screenplay. Penned by Crash Twinsanity writer Jordan Reicheck, best known for his work on Ren & Stimpy, Crash Tag Team Racing brings the trademark Crash Bandicoot humor to new levels.
- Multiplayer. Split-screen multiplayer for up to eight players with system link on all consoles, and wirelessly supports up to four on the Nintendo DS.
- Acclaimed Development Team. Developed by the same team as the break-out hit game The Simpsons: Hit & Run.
Official URLOfficial Site
pikmin dude and 6 others played Crash Tag Team Racing
pikmin dude and 10 others own Crash Tag Team Racing
- Genre: General (GC)
- Theme(s): Fantasy, Mechs/Bionics, Sci-Fi (Futuristic), Family, Children's
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Radical Entertainment
- Publisher: VU Games
Released North America Oct 18, 2005 Europe Nov 4, 2005
- Also known as:
- Crash Bandicoot: Gacchanko World in Japan
- Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant
- Crash of the Titans
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Crash Twinsanity
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
- Crash Bash
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot