The U.S. Army has received a distress signal from Area 51 where a viral outbreak has just shut down the research facility. A small Hazardous Materials unit led by specialist Ethan Cole is sent to investigate. As Cole, players will delve into the mysterious confines of Area 51, discovering a deadly mutagenic side effect of the virus that controls the minds of those infected, as well as an ancient alien colony buried beneath the facility. Chilling conspiracies such as the extraterrestrial crash at Roswell and the staged lunar landing, are investigated in order to solve the enigma of Area 51 before the viral mutagen is released and irrevocably mutates all life on Earth.
Explore, investigate and battle through Area 51, where futuristic Alien enemies, powers, and weaponry await you. Discover the truth about the extraterrestrial crash at Roswell, the faked lunar landing, Alien autopsies and more as you explore the reality of these chilling conspiracies. Your survival, and that of the entire world, rests on your ability to remain human and solve the enigma of Area 51 before a viral mutagen mutates all life on Earth
- Extensive Single-Player Campaign - Battle through corridors of Area 51 and attempt to discover the secrets of the extraterrestrial menace before it is too late.
- Story-Driven Epic Adventure - Engage in an epic adventure through eight massive sections of a secretive complex.
- Fearsome Weaponry - Equip yourself with more than 15 types of human and alien weapons and other equipment as you explore dark corridors.
- Evolving Gameplay - An infectious mutagen gives Lt.
- Nick Cross alien-enhanced physical abilities but is also slowly transforming him into an alien. Find the cure before it's too late and humanity is lost.
- Alien Menace - Battle fierce, horrific creatures designed by Stan Winston Studios, famed creature designer for such films as "Aliens", "Jurassic Park" and "Predator".
- Government Conspiracies - Explore and discover a multitude of secret items and areas, including the real answers behind such conspiracy theories.
- Multiplayer Combat - Compete against your friends via a four-player split screen and system link through numerous multiplayer game modes including Death Match.
- Online Combat - Battle online with your PlayStation 2 or via Xbox Live where you can easily access the many systems allowing you to find your friends and set up your own matches.