BackgroundAnimal Crossing is a "communication game" in which your character works to earn money for food, clothes, furniture and a house. Interact with other animals, such as a raccoon real-estate agent, a pelican postman and a canine policeman. A built in clock parallels the real world, and seasons and time of day both affect gameplay.
GameplayAs you collect furnishings for your own house, check out what other villagers have collected for their houses. Build relationships by talking to other villagers, helping them with tasks and writing letters back and forth. Throughout the game, you'll collect an assortment of items and artifacts and different plants and animals. To ensure it will be a desirable place for people to live, help to keep your village beautiful
- Life ticks by in real-time different things happen at different times of the day, and seasons change just like they do in the real world!
- Get to know your town. Meet your neighbours, buy a house, and furnish it however you like.
- So much to do! Plant trees, pull weeds, go shopping, run errands – or just go fishing.
- Get three friends to move to your town or travel to a friend's town to see what's up.
- Connect to a Game Boy Advance using a Nintendo GameCube to Game Boy Advance cable (Sold Separately) to travel to a new island and design new clothes.
Hardware Requirements•Gamecube to Gameboy Advance Connector Cable (For use in accessing Animal Island and E-Reader)
•E-Reader (Using the GC to GBA Connector Cable and an E-Reader, you can scan E-Reader cards to unlock special items)
Ported from N64. Titled "Animal Forest Plus" in Japan.
Added on: July 10, 2001
Official URLOfficial Site
TheACGuy and 577 others own Animal Crossing
poppy34 and 125 others played Animal Crossing
Curtzillafun and creative! i miss some elements that they took out in later games... AnimalCrossing GC
Jul 23, 12 9:20pm
nasty nappathe most addictive game ever this is proberly the most fun game ive played in my life AnimalCrossing GC
Jun 18, 11 4:57am
EphriokkoMeh. Played it a lot as a kid but used tons of glitches, guides, and cheats. Never got far, but it wasn't a bad time-killer. DoubutsuNoMoriImport N64
Jul 25, 10 11:49pm
blackbeautyfan9819This game is MUCH simpiler than the DS version, and easier to complete. Instead, every player gets their own house. DoubutsuNoMoriImport N64
May 09, 10 8:17am
- Genre: Fantasy (GC)
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality, Lifestyle
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Sep 16, 2002 Europe Sep 24, 2004 Japan Dec 14, 2001 Australia Oct 17, 2003
- Also known as:
- Doubutsu no Mori in Japan