Background1080°: Avalanche brings its unique tradition of authentic 3-D snowboarding action to NINTENDO GAMECUBE. Game play satisfaction snowballs as players master snowboarding physics and an all-new trick system. Favorite boarders, such as the well-balanced Kensuke, the technical master Rob or the incredibly fast Dion, charge jumps, grab huge air and complete twisted combos. Watch out though, a potentially impressive stunt could lead to a board-breaking disaster.
GameplayRace through realistic natural environments complete with powder drifts, ice patches and groomed hardpack but don't get comfortable. You'll have to contend with massive avalanches, rockslides, cave-ins, bridge collapses and environments teeming with wildlife and other skiers.
Not only that, but you must master a unique character balancing system and a catalogue of crazy tricks as you experience the rush of big mountain racing. Your slalom skills had better be tuned, because you'll be going head-to-head with CPU-controlled masters or up to three human opponents
- Race through realistic natural environments, complete with powder drifts, ice patches and groomed hardpack.
- Contend with massive avalanches, rockslides, cave-ins, bridge collapses and environments teeming with wildlife and other skiers.
- Experience the unique character-balancing system, which allows you to keep the on-screen character on his or her board.
- Take advantage of a deep trick system, which lets you flip, spin, grab, grind and tweak your way to glory.
- Go head-to-head with CPU-controlled masters or other players.
Previously titled "1080°: White Storm".
Added on: May 23, 2002
Official URLOfficial Site
1080 Snowboarding was a game of it's time. If I am correct, it was the first...
I've been looking forward to this game for so long and having finally got it it's such...
This game is, well okay. It just needs a few (wait did I say a few?) I meant It...
It's a great game. I would buy it if I were you. The game has many characters to...
- Genre: X-treme Sports (GC)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Nov 27, 2003 Europe Nov 28, 2003 Japan Jan 22, 2004 Australia Jun 10, 2004
- Also known as:
- 1080° Silver Storm in Japan