BackgroundTwo years have passed since Peter Parker first hit the streets of New York City as the conflicted crime-fighter Spider-Man. Now he finds himself battling his most diabolical villain yet, the mechanized, multi-tentacled Doc Ock. The nefarious Doc Ock was once Dr. Otto Octavius, a brilliant nuclear physicist. But a freak accident transformed him from a timid researcher to a criminally insane megalomaniac who blames Spider-Man for his horrible transformation. Now the scientist Peter once idolized for his remarkable intellect has marked our web-slinger for death.
Experience total freedom as you soar through the concrete canyons of a living, breathing Manhattan, complete with familiar landmarks and bustling, traffic-clogged streets. Combat petty thugs and aid NYC citizens in challenging side-quests, or pursue the lunatic Doc Ock and other classic Spider-Man rivals. The decision is yours.
GameplaySet in a massive free-roaming, do-anything, virtual city, players swing from buildings, sling webs on structures, dive from roof tops to sidewalks, jump across skyscrapers and scale tall heights as they patrol and protect the city from the nefarious Doc Ock. Based on the plot of the movie and extending beyond the film with other diabolical Marvel villains, additional missions and random events, Spider-Man 2 is the most in-depth Super Hero game to date.
- The big-screen adventure just got bigger -- For a movie-like experience, battle the nefarious Doc Ock and his henchmen in locations taken straight from the film.
- More Marvel comic characters -- In addition to the Marvel characters featured in the film sequel, additional diabolical villains from the expansive Marvel comic character roster make exclusive game appearances, including Mysterio and Lizard.
- Go wherever a spider can -- Immerse yourself in the city of Manhattan, which is constructed as a large streaming map populated by cars, pedestrians and criminals. Jump from street level to rooftops as you patrol the city.
- New web-slinging abilities -- Realistic physics impact your direction as you swing from building corners, lampposts -- even helicopters. Harness your super strength from powerful jumps and lightning-fast web crawling.
- Face the responsibilities of a Super Hero -- Take time out from your main missions to foil random crimes in the streets. The morecrimes you prevent, the more your hero rating increases, giving you access to more advanced attacks and maneuvers
Shadic Hearts and 2 others played Spider-Man 2
Shadic Hearts and 10 others own Spider-Man 2
Twin_MasterA step up from the previous title and still kept on rolling with the great story and commentary. SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Aug 18, 10 9:28pm
JasonKaoticHOW DO I SHOT WEB?! ...Yeah, swinging around never gets boring. And that's not sarcasm. SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Jul 22, 10 12:57pm
Celes LeonhartLoved the different costumes, loved them. SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Jun 12, 09 5:51am
DarshDTHIS IS THE BEST OF THE BEST SPIDERMAN GAMES OF ALL TIME! SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Apr 24, 09 10:58pm
LightingOne of two reasons that made the Xbox worth while SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Apr 17, 09 12:56pm
RoboGamer_500Not all that good looking, kind of glitchy. Stops being fun after the missions are over. Interior levels blow mega-chunks. SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Mar 20, 09 12:07pm
DiamondMaster11Just swinging around, even after beating the game, is really fun. SpiderMan2EnterElectro PSX
Aug 16, 08 9:23am
- Genre: Adventure (GBA)
- Theme(s): Mechs/Bionics, Mob/Organized Crime, Police/S.W.A.T., Superhero
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Activision
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Jun 28, 2004