BackgroundPokémon technology will make its next quantum leap. We've seen the future, and it's all about Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen. The new games are set in Kanto, the region where Pokémon first took root and exploded into a major phenomenon, and the latest titles stuff in tons of exciting new features. One thing's for certain: when Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen get into Trainers' hands, Pokémon fans stand to become the coolest, most connected gaming community in the world.
Pokémon is the coming-of-age story of an 11-year-old boy or girl who is given his or her first Pokémon and sets off on a quest to become the best Trainer in the world -- an ultimate Trainer. Enter the region of Kanto, where you start your journey in your home town of Pallet Town, aided only by your first Pokémon and your Pokédex, given to you by Professor Oak.
From there you travel the region, raising and training your Pokémon for battle. You compete against other Trainers at the Pokémon Gyms and earn badges toward your goal. The Pokémon you collect come in all shapes and sizes, from many different types with different strengths and weaknesses -- Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Electric and more.
GameplayOne of a pair of remakes coming from the original Gameboy games Red and Blue, Pokémon Fire Red applies the new concepts introduced during the series to a refreshed Kanto region, and adds a few new extras into the mix.
Choose a starter from Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle and begin your adventure. Train your pal in battle and use them to capture new Pokémon. Build a team and defeat the 8 gym leaders to earn the right to challenge the Elite Four. Along the way your Pokémon will help you pass obstacles as you travel the land and other trainers are waiting to battle whoever crosses their line of sight. Players may also challenge other players to intense battles or even trade your Pokémon with each other. All this in the quest to become a Pokémon master.
- Cut the cords! The newest Pokémon adventure lets players battle, trade, collect and more, all without the need for connecting cables. Players simply attach the Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter, which comes bundled with both versions, to their Game Boy Advance systems and communicate directly with one another. When visiting a special area (the Union Room), connected players appear directly on one another's screens.
- Pokémon chit-chat! Players who gather in a Union Room can send text messages directly to each other. Up to 40 people can share the environment and up to five people can buddy up at once to join a chat session. Trainers can select pre-set messages to send, or type in messages of their own creation. They can also exchange game challenges, talk battle strategy or just shoot the breeze.
- More than 100 Pokémon are out there for players to discover. Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen are compatible with Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire and Pokémon Colosseum. Pokémon fans can access, trade and battle the Pokémon from their favorite games -- all in one place.
- Experience expanded gameplay with new adventures, new challenges to face and new territory to explore.
Official URLOfficial Site
Typlosion23 and 1433 others own Pokémon FireRed
Typlosion23 and 446 others played Pokémon FireRed
More Pokemon soundtracks have made their way to iTunes for download. Today, the combined music... posted Dec 10, 13 9:42am
If you're one of the 5 people in the first world who hasn't the faintest clue as to what Pokemon...
- Genre: Fantasy (GBA)
- Theme(s): Anime, Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Game Freak
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Sep 9, 2004 Europe Oct 1, 2004 Japan Jan 28, 2004 Australia Sep 23, 2004
- Also known as:
- Pocket Monsters Fire Red in Japan
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
- Pokémon Omega Ruby
- Pokémon Art Academy
- Pokémon Battle Trozei
- Pokémon Bank
- Pokémon X
- Pokémon Y
- Pokédex 3D Pro
- Pokémon White Version 2
- Pokémon Black Version
- Pokémon White Version
- Pokémon SoulSilver Version
- Pokémon HeartGold Version
- Pokémon Platinum Version
- Pokémon Diamond
- Pokémon Pearl