BackgroundThis FPS, involving a great amount of stealth and strategy, stars CIA agent James Clayton. In your operations to stop a deadly virus, Ice Nine, from spreading through to the world's largest cities, as it can paralyze them. James Clayton may use and do anything from Assault Rifles to Remote Mines, sneaking past guards to depleting them, from taking a guard's clothes to picking off the guards. And one word of advice: Don't expect any ordinary plot.
GameplayThe player, as a covert operative for the CIA, performs missions handed down by a high ranking CIA member. The missions take the player through a conspiracy plot that leads right to the top!
The Recruit takes place in first person mode, so the player works their way through missions seeing what the game character sees, ie. only their hand and the weapon they're currently holding. The player shoots enemies, plants microphones, knocks people out, and snipes enemies from on high. Mission briefings are supplied at the beginning of each mission, and occasionally updated mid-mission if the scenario has changed
- First Person Shooter on the GBA incorporating highly realistic and technologically innovative special effects.
- Night Vision.
- Dynamic Lighting allowing the player to shoot out lights to create darkness, Destructible Objects, Mip-Mapping, Animated Skysphere.
- 30 frames per second (Other FPS GBA titles run at 15 FPS).
- 4-Player Deathmatch Action.
- Detailed storyline that closely follows the film.
- Multiple weapons for player to use including; Sniper Rifle, Grenades, Submachine Guns, Rockets, and Shotguns.
- Intelligent AI that react to gunshots and other changes in environment.
- Level Variety--Both Indoor and Outdoor areas to explore-Stealth and Action levels.
- Realistic Environments that mirror real world locations: Langley CIA Building, "The Farm" CIA training facility, Streets of Washington DC