Psydro and 11 others own Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
SuperSmasher played Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
aves Jul 26, 11 4:46pmThe first popular Nintendo game, and probably the hardest.
yugiRULER Jun 26, 09 10:18amGreat old game, especially the one on GB which has 100 more levels.
BackgroundOnly you can save the Princess! Grab your tool belt and get ready to climb and jump for your life! Mario must climb ladders and leap over tumbling Barrels to defeat Donkey Kong and save the Princess.
Before Mario became super, he was a brave carpenter (or so says one early promotional flyer) instead of a plumber and had an 800-pound gorilla on his back. You can shake off that monkey all over again in the rerelease of Donkey Kong as part of the NES Classics series.
The game looks great on both the Game Boy Advance and the Game Boy Player for the Nintendo GameCube. As the story goes, this freak-of-nature gorilla kidnaps the beautiful girl. Mario, being the chivalrous type, runs to the rescue. To reach damsel in distress, however, Mario must avoid the gorilla's killa posse of barrels, fireballs and bouncing rivets. Along the way, Mario picks up big points when he hammers barrels and fireballs and snags the umbrella, purse and hat that the girl dropped during her abduction.
Once Mario reaches the girl, DK pulls a fast one and takes her away to another level. Mario doesn't know he's fighting a never-ending battle in the name of love, but don't feel too sorry for him. Even thoughhe never really gets the girl in Donkey Kong, he does collect a lot of coins in the other games in which he appears and should be pretty rich by now.
Two players can take turns competing for the girl, either on the same Game Boy Advance or with the help of a Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable. Plus, you can save your high score to memory (you need almost a million points to beat the world's record, so you better get jumping).
- Classic arcade levels with new twists
- Rescue Mario's girlfriend
- Avoid the barrels or smash them
- Climb the ladders to advance through levels quicker
Official URLOfficial Site
- Donkey Kong (2006)
- Donkey Kong 3 (2008)
- Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (2007)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
- Donkey Kong Jr. (2006)
- Donkey Kong Jr. Math (2007)
- New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (2009)
- Donkey Kong Racing (2002)
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (2005)
- Donkey Konga (2004)
- Donkey Konga 2: Hit Song Parade (2005)
- Donkey Konga 3 (2005)
- Downstream Panic! (2008)
- Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007)
- DK Jungle Climber (2007)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (2006)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (2010)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (2009)
- DK: King of Swing (2005)
- Donkey Kong Coconut Crackers (2001)
- Donkey Kong Country (2003)
- Donkey Kong Country 2 (2004)
- Donkey Kong Country 3 (2006)
- Donkey Kong Plus (2003)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (2004)
- Donkey Kong (1994)
- Donkey Kong Country (2000)
- Donkey Kong Land (1995)
- Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)
- Donkey Kong Land III (1997)
- Donkey Kong Country (1994)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (1996)
- Donkey Kong (1983)