BackgroundThis year, THQ's Smackdown series expands once again, as it makes its first ever appearances on the Wii, the Nintendo DS, and the Playstation 3! In addition, PS2 and Xbox 360 incarnations will also be available. With many new features, core adjustments and a revamped roster - including ECW arenas and superstars - having been promised by the team behind the game, this is set to be one hell of a slobberknocker in videogame form!
GameplaySvR08 enables you take control of your favourite WWE superstars in a huge variety of game modes and match types, with the strategy you employ being crucial to your chances of victory. Thanks to eight newly-employed unique fighting styles, it is essential to think before you strike and make sure that you use moves and tactics that befit your superstar's size, strength and abilities. Submission artists will look to force their opponents to tap out, whilst hardcore specialists would much rather smack an opponent with a steel chair and be done with it.
AI will be smarter than ever and the game's core animation is said to be undergoing a total revamp, so the moves you perform will freely flow from one to the next - unless, of course, the opponent counters your offence, which could leave you vulnerable and prone to being attacked - therefore, the timing of your strikes and grapples is essential.
In order to give you increased control over your superstar's actions, a lot of emphasis is placed on the use of analogue control, in particular in the art of submission moves. What direction you push the analogue stick in and how hard you do so affects the amount of pressure you apply in the hold - but similarly, your opposition can use a similar system to escape the submission.
- Superstar Fighting Styles: With eight Superstar Fighting Styles to choose from, playing WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 will never be the same. Each fighting style has its own unique strategy with exclusive moves, abilities, attributes and more. Take the fight into your own hands and feel the power of the Superstars.
- Struggle Submission System: The new Struggle Submission System gives players intuitive and natural control over their WWE Superstars using the analog sticks. Realism and strategy are at the forefront, as players can now control the amount of pressure they apply.
- ECW Presence: The life of a WWE Superstar isn't always pretty. ECW invades WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 with a variety of Superstars, arenas and weapons.
- WWE 24/7 Mode: Combining the popular Season and General Manager Modes from previous Smackdown vs. Raw games, WWE 24/7 Mode embraces the intensity of the Superstar lifestyle. Multiple character developement options, stat tracking and career goals will guide players toward the ultimate achievement of becoming a Legend.
- Giving Fans What They Want: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 offers numerous updates, including new rosters, more enviornmental hotspots, improved out-of-ring action, enhanced online community support and much more!
Official URLOfficial Site
Brooks88I know it's an older gamer, but does the DS version have the Buried Alive match in it? WWESmackDownVsRAW2008 DS
Oct 07, 14 4:07pm
pokedude121 and 1 others played WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008
pokedude121 and 14 others own WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008
digimon2010I thought back in 07 this was going to be the best game in the series well basically this game sucked WWESmackDownVsRAW2008 X360
Sep 08, 10 4:23pm
kingadvisorbetter matches great season mode new players aswell WWESmackDownVsRAW2008 X360
Sep 03, 10 2:15am
scott7705career mode done away with,shame. whats replaced it is not as good. only thing better about this one is the selection of styles,... WWESmackDownVsRAW2008 X360
Jul 23, 10 11:55pm
CrimmondGood... but can't compare with the solidness of WCW REVENGE. At least it looks nicer. Load times SUCK though. WWESmackDownVsRAW2008 X360
Jun 15, 09 7:41pm
ILUVCITYSince i got SvR09 i dont really go on this anymore WWESmackDownVsRAW2008 X360
Feb 15, 09 6:21pm
- Genre: Boxing & Wrestling
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Amaze Entertainment
- Publisher: THQ
Released North America Nov 13, 2007 Europe Nov 9, 2007 Australia Nov 15, 2007
- WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011
- WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
- WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW
- WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain
- WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth
- WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It