BackgroundNo levels. No load times. Just never-ending action that doesn't stop until you leave the game! Tony Hawk's American Wasteland gives you - for the first time ever in a Hawk game - the freedom to skate, or bike, throughout a rich, expansive open environment. Once you arrive in Los Angeles, the vast city that gave birth to skate culture, the sky's the limit as you progress through the Wasteland story and choose missions that will have you immersed in the action without ever skating the same line twice!
- Wireless Multiplayer – Two players can go head-to-head via a wireless connection and battle through several modes: Trick Attack, Score Challenge, Combo Mambo, The Price is Wrong, Horse and more.
- WiFi – Fans create a handheld Hawk community where they can skate head-to-head against other DS players online, post and download high scores and statistics, as well as replay "ghosts," which teach gamers new skate runs, combos and other moves done by others in the WiFi Hawk community. Players can also play against the "ghosts."
- Voice In-Game – Players can record voices that replay in the game when players bail, perform a special trick, or clear a gap.
- Map Screen – Detailed top screen displays the main gameplay, while the bottom screen displays information such as a level map with collectable locations, dialogue, tips and hints.
- Graphical Editors for "Create-A" modes – Draw with the DS stylus to customize various game elements (deck art, graffiti tag). The bottom screen provides a canvas and color palette, while the top screen shows the finished decal (rotating deck, logo).
- Trick Slots – Perform special moves using the touch screen. During gameplay the touch screen presents "trick slots," which slides in or out depending on whether the skater's special meter is full. Special tricks may be executed when one of the slots is touched. Players can customize their "trick slots" by assigning tricks from a list available via the skate shop.
- Freak Out! (Tantrum Mini-game) – Players can recover lost combo scores when they bail and win a dramatic speed boost by touching and stopping three pulsing columns as close to the top of the column as possible. The columns will appear on the bottom screen when a gamer bails or the game can be initiated by bringing the skater to a complete stop.
- Create-A-Park – Players earn money through story mode and buy new equipment for their custom skate park. More than 1000 different skate park designs are possible using the intuitive touch screen based create-a-park editor.
- Classic Mode – Compete against a timer to clear as many objectives as possible in two minutes.
Official URLOfficial Site
GaGasLittleMons and 6 others played Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
GaGasLittleMons and 23 others own Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
BlackfalconFinished it in a day, not much of a game to be honest. Bit of fun I guess. TonyHawksAmericanWasteland Xbox
Dec 27, 09 10:11am
StigmatisedOne of the better TH's imo. Loved the story line, which was lengthy enough to keep you hooked and not too long. Classic mode too short... TonyHawksAmericanWasteland Xbox
May 28, 09 8:00am
KeatonXZXI went over a posers house and played his game. His custom character was Jake AAAAA. It was the worst custom skater I have ever seen in... TonyHawksAmericanWasteland Xbox
Jan 15, 09 5:53am
shorties rockFun. Boring after you have finished it TonyHawksAmericanWasteland Xbox
Nov 29, 07 8:46am
- Genre: X-treme Sports
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Vicarious Visions
- Publisher: Activision
Released North America Oct 18, 2005
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (1-2)
- Online Multi-player (2 max)
- Also known as:
- Tony Hawk's Underground 3 in North America
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 7 in North America
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
- Tony Hawk's Underground 2: World Destruction Tour
- Tony Hawk's Underground
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3