BackgroundAn RPG featuring the floating fool from recent entries in the Legend of Zelda series. You play as the Wind Waker/Majora's Mask treasure specialist when he was 35 and single, before his transformation into Tingle form. The main character gets word that he ought to head out to a spring. He does so, and along the way, he comes in contact with Rupeeji, a name that can be translated to Old Man Rupee. Rupeeji tells the main character that by collecting rupees and throwing them at the spring, he'll be lead to the dream land of Rupee Land. He accepts the quest and, through a magic spell, gets transformed into Tingle. Tingle has a guide in the game, a girl fairy called Pingle who helps Tingle along on his adventures.
- Utilising the Nintendo DS touch-screen and stylus, Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is fun and intuitive to play, whatever your gaming experience. This alternative hero is moved around the screen using either the d-pad or YXAB buttons so both right and left-handed stylus control can be used, while everything else in-game is controlled via the touch screen. Players can interact with characters and items that they encounter by simply tapping them with their stylus. The game's payment screen is equally intuitive to use with an on-screen numeric keyboard that players must simply tap.
- As many a stock-trader will confirm, you must speculate to accumulate and in this game it is no different. On his weird and wonderful journeys Tingle will encounter other characters with items or information he requires, but this all comes at a price. Players must use their best skills to haggle to get the ultimate deal they can on the items they need. Be careful though, if you are too greedy you may end up getting less than you bargained for and could end up losing out in the long run.
- Tingle may be dressed like a fairy but unfortunately he has nearly no powers or abilities except a love of collecting money, meaning that hired muscle is needed to help him survive. Parting with his precious funds allows Tingle to hire bodyguards to keep him out of danger as well as aid him with different abilities such as lock-picking and access to impassable areas.
- Aside from adventuring, Tingle can utilise his map-making skills to earn himself a supplemental income. When exploring an area players will be able to view the area on their map screen. When they come across points of interest not marked on the chart, they can circle the exact spot using the Nintendo DS stylus and then sell their updated maps in town for a hefty sum.
Official URLOfficial Site
SpOOK and 4 others own Freshly-Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
The Eagles Eye
Nov 24, 09 10:37pm
The Eagles Eye
Nov 27, 09 6:32pm
The Eagles Eye
Nov 29, 09 11:26pm
Oct 26, 09 12:07am
Dec 07, 08 11:00am
Feb 09, 08 12:36pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released Europe Sep 14, 2007 Japan Sep 2, 2006
- Also known as:
- Mogitate Tincle no Bara Iro Ruppii Land in Japan
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass