BackgroundCD Projekt RED's first internally-developed foray into handheld gaming, The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets is in development for all current-gen, next-gen and gen-after-next-gen handheld systems and is scheduled for release between Tuesday and Friday 2010.
GameplayA jaw-dropping revolution in handheld gaming, The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets features a massive list of revolutionary features that will completely revolutionize, then de-evolutionize, then evolutionize and then once more revolutionize the industry. Among the revolutionary features are two cooperative multiplayer modes never before seen on handheld systems: play together with your friend on one system as you harness Geralt’s awesome Powers of Movement on the D-pad while your friend uses the awesome Powers of Doing on the A and B buttons; or connect with a limitless number of players as you play for a bit, then pass the handheld to your friend and watch them play for a while, and then finally take it back to play some more yourself!
The awe-inspiring graphics created using half of the game engine’s available 32 colours help to immerse players in the awe-inspiring story of Geralt of Rivia as he fights to save the world from an unknown evil. Set in a completely open world that allows for movement in both left and right directions for an infinite amount of time, The Witcher: Mysterious Secrets also includes some features usually found in today’s best console games, like the Decisions and Inconsequence system that ensures that no decision you make will have an impact on the outcome of the game. That’s right – no more worrying about making bad decisions. We’ll also have DLC at astronomical prices, including the upcoming “The Witcher: Go Up and Down” pack. Yeah, DLC on a handheld. You wanna fight about it?
- Advanced 2D technology pushes the 8-bit processor to its limits to create the most realistic graphics in the history of games.
- 32-colour display allows for incredibly vivid landscapes. Note: half of the colours are not visible because the platform supports only 16 colours.
- Prototype “Motion Capture” technology gives Geralt an unprecedented three (3) life-like animations.
- Open world allows you to travel left and right through the “game world” without any limitations. In the future we will introduce “up” and “down” directions as paid DLC.
- Unlimited gameplay allows you to travel left and right as long as you want.
- Decisions and inconsequence system ensures that everything is scripted so your actions in the game don’t influence the outcome at all. No more worrying if you’ve made the wrong choice!
- Advanced physics system brings Geralt to life. Watch him jump in the air and automatically come down to the ground again. He does it totally on his own - you don’t have to press down or anything like that.
- FREAK system, or Fully Realistic Environment and Killing system, does away with archaic save/load mechanics. If you die, the game will cease to work. So don’t die.
- Powerful weapons and armour are provided right at the beginning of the game, so you don’t have to worry about finding better equipment or deciding between two swords or whatever.
- Advanced combat system features millions of possible attack sequences using combinations of a melee attack and a magic spell. Like hit, spell, spell. Or hit, hit, hit. Or spell, spell, hit, spell, hit. Or hit, hit, spell, spell, spell, spell, hit, hit, spell.
- Two revolutionary cooperative multiplayer modes allow you to play with a limitless number of friends. Play, then pass it to your friend and watch them play! Or wield the incredible power of the D-Pad while your friends harnesses the incredible power of the A and B buttons!
Official URLOfficial Site
RPG series The Witcher has topped four million in sales -- not too bad at all for a relatively new developer from... posted Jul 12, 12 7:02am
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Perspective(s): First Person,Flat side view
- Developer: CD Projekt RED
Released North America Apr 1, 2010 CANCELLED