BackgroundThe Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks sets hero Link on a daring new adventure. The game provides players with a new story, more puzzles and even a new mode of transportation. In this game, Link voyages by train, which offers up new possibilities for problem-solving. The game has the same look and feel established in the hit Nintendo DS game The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.
GameplayThe Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will utilize the intuitive touch control of Phantom Hourglass in an all new adventure that will please longtime Zelda fans while keeping the game accessible to all DS owners. The concept behind this Zelda game includes utilizing a steam locomotive to travel around the world, switching Phantom and Link to explore the dungeons, and solving puzzles using new items.
Features• Link has a valuable new companion. While navigating dungeons, he’s accompanied by a Phantom, a hulking
suit of armor that responds to his commands. Players can tap the Phantom to take command of him, then
draw a line on the touch screen to direct him where to go. The stout Phantom can walk through fire or lava, be
used as a platform to carry Link above dangers, or even run interference to block Link from harm.
• When Link conducts the train, players enjoy a satisfying combination of action and real-time puzzle solving as
they determine which track to take and how to best manipulate their speed. When on the train, Link must plot
the best route to the end of the line around ever-moving obstacles. While en route, Link might need to fire an
onboard cannon at enemies who attack the train or sound the whistle to scare animals off the tracks.
• Link uses a variety of new items and weapons, including the Whirlwind, which players activate by blowing into
the microphone of the Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi
• As with The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, players can draw notes on the in-game maps using the
stylus on the touch screen.
Cloud-Kitsune and 105 others played The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Cloud-Kitsune and 357 others own The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks is a great game. One of the best on the DS, and my second...
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Dec 7, 2009 Europe Dec 11, 2009 Japan Dec 23, 2009 Australia Dec 10, 2009
- Also known as:
- Zelda no Densetsu: Taiyou no Kiteki in Japan
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass