It's two years after the events of "Double Agent." Yanked from retirement, Sam Fisher returns to Third Echelon in response to an unspecified threat made to his co-worker, Anna Grimsdóttír. Sam quickly discovers that the organization he had worked so hard for cannot set their priorities straight. Making decisions that Sam deems unjust, he leaves-- to take on the world alone.
- All new improvisation-based game play: Discover a new breed of game play where every object is available to use. Inventory is actually the world around you, for you to decide how you want to use it.
- Enemies will actively search for you: As a fugitive, quick thinking and adaptation are essential to turn the situation to your advantage. However, enemies can also use the environment and resources to track you down.
- Use the living crowd : Blend in with a realistic crowd and navigate within a civilian environment, mimic them to go undetected, or instigate panic as a divisive way to become untraceable as you escape danger. Active stealth will force you to think and act quickly. However, you will have to weigh the risk of heavy force is always the other option.
- Black Market: Use your underground connections to gain access to black market gadgets and weapons, or use consumer grade gear in ways they were not intended to complete your objectives.
- Crowd in Multiplayer: Play with, or against, your friends in the middle of a civilian crowd. But know that they will look like any other person, so your sense of observation and ability to act unnoticed are as important as reacting instantly to an unexpected threat.