BackgroundSpectrobes introduces two junior Interplanetary Patrol officers named Rallen and Jeena who learn of strange, prehistoric creatures called Spectrobes that possess special powers.
These Spectrobes hold the key to defeating a vicious and merciless force known only as the Krawl who threaten to destroy the galaxy. Our two heroes embark on a mission to save their galaxy – to do so they must excavate, awaken, train and collect all the Spectrobes they can and battle to defeat the Krawl.
GameplaySpectrobes is an anime-inspired action/role playing game that is being developed by Jupiter Corporation in Kyoto. Spectrobes allows players to excavate, train and battle with nearly 500 unique creatures. Once a player excavates a Spectrobe, the Spectrobe is awakened and can deployed used in real-time battles with enemies. Players must collect, train and help their Spectrobes evolve in order to progress and succeed in the game. With highly customizable elements and powers, each Spectrobe is unique to individual players.
- Real-time battle action - Rallen and two allied Spectrobes take on the enemy Krawl in exciting real-time battles. Each Spectrobe can unleash a special attack and combine forces for a combo attack.
- Excavation - Players will find and collect new Spectrobes and items by searching for fossils. When a fossil is found, players will use the stylus to excavate in the lower screen by using a variety of tools. Blowing air into the microphone will help clear the dust off during excavation.
- Training and customization - The freshly excavated Spectrobes can evolve into more powerful, fully grown versions through training. Players will use their voice to awaken Spectrobes. Different virtual environments will be selected to evolve and train Spectrobes in order to customize their appearance and capabilities
- Wireless community and multiplayer gameplay - Exchange Spectrobes and items wirelessly with other players. Download exclusive collectibles. Battle against friends in one-on-one ad-hoc wireless tournaments
Official URLOfficial Site
Magistermagi1 and 34 others played Spectrobes
Magistermagi1 and 119 others own Spectrobes
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Jupiter Corporation
- Publisher: Buena Vista Interactive
Released North America Mar 13, 2007 Europe Mar 16, 2007 Japan Mar 15, 2007 Australia Mar 15, 2007
- Also known as:
- Kaseki Chou-Shinka Spectrobes in Japan