BackgroundRobocalypse is an innovative new real-time strategy game developed specifically for the Nintendo DS. Set in a world of wise-cracking, battling robots, Robocalypse offers madcap weaponry and uproarious destruction, all embedded in a deep strategy war game. Up to 4 players can compete head to head via WI-Fi in multiplayer, or lead your army to victory in the hilarious single player storymode campaign, penned by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants) and Micah Wright. Over 50 independently AI driven units with advanced distributed pathfinding, dynamic music and 3D particle systems for stunning visual effects make Robocalypse a technological breakthrough for the Nintendo DS.
GameplayThere are exactly 17 different single-player missions for you to do and they are all constructed around things called "Action Flags". They're placed around the level where ever you choose and they will allow you to control all of your different units, such as making them walk to a specific point or helping you in battle. The AI is also very smart, with the medics knowing to stay away from battles, while some unintelligent units dive head first against a major foe. Throughout the game, there will also be control points, which allow you to increase your force, which will give you more units to help you out. Mutliplayer will also be included in this game, both locally and over Wi-Fi. You can play with four other commanders and the matches online are said to go by very quickly.
- Robots with Attitude: Infuses madcap cartoon humor into the heat of battle by giving robots distinct attitudes and personalities. Over 10 distinct robot types with specialized skills and weapons.
* Total Stylus Control: Simplified controls and innovative Action Flag system reduces the complexity of commanding units. No buttons ï¿½ just point and tap.
* Multiplayer Mayhem: 2 to 4 Multiplayer WiFi ï¿½ Play head to head or Co-op with unique maps, multiple playmodes and Hall of Fame.
* Heroes Win the War: Courageous Heroes who can single handedly turn the tide of battle with powerful abilities that can be upgraded into devastating capabilities like, Rampage Mode, Conversion (turn enemies into refrigerators) and Leadership (the ability to unite soldiers into a single fighting unit). All Heroes can be controlled directly in combat.
* Epic Storymode: A hilarious storyline by Jay Lender, a writer and director of the acclaimed cartoon series SpongeBob Squarepants and his writing partner Micah Wright, known for his writing contributions across multiple mediums. Military routines are accidentally installed into prototype robots, turning them into hunter killers. Disaster ensues and to save humanity, a new batch of robots is implanted with the brain scans of retired WWII vets, giving rise to an oil-swilling, brawling, robotic dirty dozen. Campaign includes 17 unique missions, hidden objectives and a robust reward system.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Introductions. Mar 5
megagamer2254 and 2 others own ROBOCALYPSE
blackgbb played ROBOCALYPSE
Nov 02, 08 10:26pm