BackgroundThe DS is the first modern portable system to get its own version of Resident Evil, and Capcom doesn't seem to be cutting corners. Resident Evil Deadly Silence, a remake of the original Resident Evil, will sport a number of new features not present in the original PlayStation title.
RE: DS uses the DS's bottom screen to display most of the action, with the top screen used to display a map, your remaining ammo and your remaining life. There's no life meter in the game, though. You actually determine your character's health by the background color of the top screen. Red means you're in a pinch. Also, until you've actually obtained a full map of a particular area, the map on the top screen will only show areas that you've previously accessed, keeping it in line with previous Resident Evil map systems
The most striking use of the stylus comes in the form of knife battles, where the game switches to first person and you use the stylus to slash away at oncoming zombies. While this might suggest that you can switch to first person mode whenever you like, in turn suggesting that pre-rendered backdrops have been done away with, it turns out that the knife battles start up automatically at fixed points -- like when you enter a room, for instance. Finish a knife battle, and you're back in the standard Resident Evil perspective.
GameplayThis game is similar to previous Resident Evils and similar to the original for the Playstation.
- Use the DS Microphone to do various things in the game.
- Use the DS Stylu to attack enemies, solve puzzles, and select options.
- Classic Mide-The original, high tension Resident Evil.
- Rebirth Mode - a new, high octane action intensive game.
- Join up with 2-4 friends online and Multiplayer mode in a specificaly created map.
- Bonus Mini-Game - Master of Knifing.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Found a glitch Apr 25
- silent hill copping resident evil 4 Feb 22
- wot is the fastest time to finish resident evil ds Jan 13
- Let's play co-op/versus Dec 13
AlterBridge1994 and 60 others own Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
AlterBridge1994 and 16 others played Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
For a direct port from the Playstation to a handheld system, Resident Evil DS is...
- Genre: Action Shooter
- Theme(s): Dark Fantasy, Horror
- Perspective(s): Isometric
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Feb 7, 2006 Europe Mar 31, 2006 Japan Jan 19, 2006 Australia Mar 30, 2006
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (1)
- Also known as:
- Biohazard: Deadly Silence in Japan
- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
- Resident Evil: Outbreak
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X