BackgroundYou've seen Mario as a cameo appearence in other basketball games before, but not one where he is one of the main players! Using the touch screen of the DS, you can pass, shoot, or dribble.
GameplayMario Hoops 3-on-3 is a three-on-three basketball game. The only thing about this "basketball game" is basically the ball and the hoop, everything is purely Mario. Players use a D-pad and stylus combination that's becoming more and more common. With the D-pad, players move around their on-screen character, switching to the nearest teammate with the ball using the L trigger. The stylus however does all sorts of maneuvers! Passing the ball is a flick from left to right, shooting the ball is a flick from the bottom of the screen to the top, and to dribble simply tap the screen! Special character moves are also in this game! You just have to do some amazing on screen combinations! This game has it all!
- Short Shots are now 20 points
- Baskets Beyond the lines are worth 30 points
- You can now collect coins on the court!
- Players use the D-Pad and the Stylus
- All new items will be introduced in this game.
- You must complete special cups of increasing diffuculty to move on
- Unlockable basketball courts
- Beautiful Soundtrack
- 4 player local wireless but you'll need multiple copies of the game.
Official URLOfficial Site
Demonic722 and 137 others own Mario Hoops 3 on 3
arceus_x and 45 others played Mario Hoops 3 on 3
- Genre: Basketball
- Theme(s): Party & Board Games, Family, Children's
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Square Enix
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Sep 11, 2006 Europe Feb 16, 2007 Japan Jul 27, 2006 Australia Oct 26, 2006
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (6)
- Also known as:
- Mario Basket 3 on 3 in Japan
- Mario Slam Basketball in Europe
- Mario Maker
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Mario Bros.
- New Super Luigi U
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario World
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move