Last year's "bullet hell strategy RPG" Knights in the Nightmare was one of the crazier games we can think of in... posted Jan 14, 10 6:27pm
Are you all depressed thinking about January, when the holidays have... posted Dec 31, 09 10:41pm
I usually refrain from playing RPGs on the Nintendo DS system, especially after The...
BackgroundSomewhere between heaven and the underworld -- in the center of a quiet lake -- stood an ancient castle known as Aventheim. One night, without warning, denizens of the netherworld emerged and slaughtered the kingdom; nary a soul was left alive.
Within an abandoned, long-forgotten church deep in the woods, a wisp is set free. Bereft of memory, it is drawn toward the monster-infested castle and re-awakens the souls of the vanquished knights, leading them back towards the fallen stronghold to confront the very forces of evil that took their lives.
GameplayThe game will be turn based, with each turn taking place in real time. It will be a strategy RPG that takes place on an isometric grid in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea, but the player, the Wisp, has little direct control over the allied units, the Knights, on the battlefield. It is also required for the player to dodge enemy attacks with their wisp, using the stylus, in a style similar to classic scrolling shooter games.
- An experience unlike any before it -- Incorporating strategy RPG, real-time strategy, and shooter elements, you've never experienced a game like this. Control a Wisp with your stylus and activate the souls of deceased knights to aid you in destroying foes on the map. Enemies fire bullets in multiple directions, making it vital for players to master the unique touch controls.
- Over 100 playable characters -- Find and recruit the ghosts of seven different classes of knights from your kingdom, and learn of their pasts, hopes, dreams, and untimely deaths. Sacrifice their souls to one another to balance their skills and create your ultimate party.
- A tale from two perspectives -- This twice-told legend entangles you in a dark and brooding tale that is simultaneously examined through events both past and present. Complete the adventure to unlock the ability to play through the game with a new narrative twist, placing the antagonist in the starring role.
Official URLOfficial Site
- Gungnir (2012)
- Knights in the Nightmare (2010)
- Riviera: The Promised Land (2007)
- Yggdra Union (2008)