BackgroundWork with your friends to create a farm on a deserted island in this entry of the popular farming game. Choose from a male or female character and begin the game as you arrive on a island following a disaster at sea. Joining you is the old timer Tarou, his daughter Felena, and her two kids, Natalie and Eric. The island offers some hints that it may have been inhabited in the past, but it now seems to be deserted. Working with your fellow refugees, your first order of business is to create a farm. As you build up your farm, people who have an interest in the farming business move on over to the island. These people then open up shops and facilities, contributing to the island's development and giving you new areas to explore and new people to speak with. You can also become friends with members of the opposite sex, conversing regularly and giving presents with the ultimate goal of getting married.
Gameplay-Unlike many other Harvest Moon DS games, the directional pad, the top screen, is not used to control movement but to use your tools. Pressing up will equip the hammer, pressing right will use your fishing pole, and so on depending on the order of what tools you've set up for each button in your ructsack.
-Now because the top screen on the Nintendo DS is already being used for the ructsack, items, objects, etc the bottom screen is souly used for movement of your character by using your stylus to move like in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- The Accessory system from Harvest Moon DS appears to be in this version as well, since you can purchase a Beauty Box from Chen the traveling merchant. That might mean there are also no Power Berries in Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness.
Official URLNatsume site (English)
Official Site (Japanese)
- Things That Would Get You Kicked Off The Island  Apr 24
- natalie mod? Mar 25
- Hottest Boy Oct 19
- What boy suits you?QUIZ Oct 10
Cloud-Kitsune and 279 others own Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Mido2 and 45 others played Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness Beginning & Love Life Guide
My appreciation of the Harvest Moon series can easily be summed up as enjoyment but...
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: MarvelousAQL
- Publisher: Natsume
Released North America Aug 26, 2008 Europe Dec 12, 2008 Japan Feb 1, 2007 Australia Mar 26, 2009
- Also known as:
- Bokujo no Monogatari: Kimi to Sodatsu Shima in Japan
- Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns
- Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
- Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
- Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands
- Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
- Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
- Harvest Moon DS Cute
- Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
- Harvest Moon DS