BackgroundStep onto the pitch and play professional football your way in FIFA 09. Experience the most authentic football simulation EA SPORTS has delivered as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional player and customize the game to suit your style and ability.
Live the fantasy of a professional football player through the popular feature innovation Be A Pro now expanded to include a career mode. In Be A Pro: Seasons you pick or create a professional player and then develop his skills at a single outfield position with the ultimate goal of becoming a national legend.
FIFA 09 delivers a new level of authenticity. The matchday experience is now true to life with a referee and assistants. Plus, crowds, stadium atmosphere, and commentary have all been regionalized in exacting detail and 15 new stadiums added.
GameplayFIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it. With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player’s jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers.
FIFA 09 features new Custom Team Tactics that gives you all the tools to become a first team coach. For the first time, go inside the game engine to customize the positioning and support play of your teammates and decide exactly how your team will play in any situation. Now you are the player, coach and manager! You have the power to adjust and customize tactical settings so CPU players and your team perform just like the real world team plays or how you think it should play. Save your tactics and then make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent’s weaknesses, all on the fly.
- 60 Frames Per Second: Double the frame rate and over 100 new animations deliver more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action. Players move more fluidly around the pitch, deliver beautifully placed passes and snap off precision shots.
- Be A Pro: Pick a professional player or create a player and test your ability. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Co-operate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team or go head to head as rivals with a single cart and local multiplayer
- Real-Time Feedback: Track your performance in every match in real-time with in-game feedback and a final rating. Earn skill points to develop your player into a national legend.
- Penalty Shoot Out Mode: Experience the elation and agony of a penalty shoot out as if you were on the pitch. New shot animations add a variety of new shots to your arsenal to strike the ball past the goalie. Master your nerves to score the goal that wins your team glory.
- New Slide Tackles: Defenders now have the ability to execute slide tackle to interrupt passes or block shots in addition to winning challenges.
- Contextual Shooting Control: Deliver precise, skillful shots around the box or use your power to blast away from long range.
- Online Play: Challenge your biggest rivals across the world via Nintendo WiFi Connection.
- Single Card Play: Go head to head against a friend who has another Nintendo DS in a Single Card Play wireless match even if they don’t own the game.
- Complete Authenticity: FIFA Soccer 09 features over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues.
Official URLOfficial Site
Castlewars and 16 others own FIFA Soccer 09
animaldude26 and 2 others played FIFA Soccer 09
- Genre: Soccer
- Theme(s): Historical
- Developer: Electronic Arts
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
Released North America Oct 14, 2008 Europe Oct 3, 2008 Australia Oct 2, 2008
- Also known as:
- FIFA 09: World Class Soccer in Japan
- FIFA 09 in Europe / Australia