Game InfoDragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies lets players enjoy an adventure that is entirely their own, yet can be shared with others anywhere, anytime. Players begin their adventure as an angel-like guardian who is sent to retrieve a sacred tree’s magical fruits, which have the power to grant wishes. Players then set off on an incredible quest with three other companions.
- Players can create their own heroes, deciding how they would like their face, hair and clothing to look. As the story unfolds, players become stronger, smarter and more powerful, and can create custom companions to join their group as well.
- Players will have fun discovering more than 1000 pieces of clothing, armor, weapons and other items that will provide them with a unique appearance and special abilities. Even occupations can be customized and changed at any time. Players can take on one of a dozen different jobs with varying strengths, weaknesses, spells and skills.
- Fast-paced battles unfold as players decide what to do and then view cinematic action scenes. This format rewards careful thinking and strategy over quick reflexes. The more foes players defeat, the stronger their characters become.
- Special multiplayer modes let players share their adventure with others, allowing up to four players to team up via a local wireless connection and experience the fun of tackling challenging monsters and dungeons cooperatively with their own characters. Players can even leave the game active in their backpacks or purses and still interact with other players via an interactive “Tag Mode.” Fun information about players’ characters can be wirelessly transmitted to others.
- Treasure maps allow players to find otherwise inaccessible special dungeons called grottoes, which can contain rare items or enemies. In Tag Mode, treasure maps and customized greetings can be exchanged automatically by players who come within range of one another.
- Players with wireless broadband Internet access can visit an online shop to find new items or download additional quests. The selection of items changes daily. Some downloadable quests will continue the main storyline of the game, while others offer standalone missions or quests themed to a particular time of year.
- Talking with different characters will unfold the story and point players toward their next mission. All quests come with a reward, which might be anything from a rare item to a new, unlocked occupation.
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (JP)
Official Site (EU)
Bruce and 210 others own Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
jump_dragoon and 72 others played Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Guestadded Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies Legacy Boss Guide v1.2.1 - The Mystical One
Sep 18, 14 2:29pm
sasblewish i could get stuff from the wifi download but my wifi doesn'tseem to want to work with ds games DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Feb 23, 14 11:22pm
PrinceshadyCan someone plz help I'm looking for a sunstone and how to beat the king plz help DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Nov 13, 13 6:06am
PrinceshadyHey I need help I'm trying to find a sunstone and some info on how to beat the king pl help if you can DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Nov 12, 13 7:32am
DQ9useri need help, this game is addicting. DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Apr 29, 13 1:12pm
LaikaThis is a great game. Would really like to get into it again some time. DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
May 19, 12 3:47am
KimahriTheRonsoFantastic game, spent many hours on this. (: DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Feb 19, 12 10:22am
DragovianWarriorHunting legacies and doing grottos DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Feb 14, 12 3:57am
alphador4/5 stars. Somethings were a real break through. Some things were left out. A good direction for the series, not so great follow up to VIII. DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Aug 19, 11 8:44am
LaFoLAn amazing RPG. If you you're searching a game with legacy, you found it. DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Jul 22, 11 4:25pm
LaikaI'm basically done with the game. DQVC getting boring, and there really isn't much more to do now. DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
May 25, 11 2:03pm
babypoy13just rebout it now im in the hexagon DragonQuest9SentinelsOfTheStarrySkies DS
Mar 21, 11 5:31pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Top Down
- Developer: Level-5
- Publisher: Square Enix
Released North America Jul 11, 2010 Europe Jul 23, 2010 Japan Jul 11, 2009 Australia Aug 19, 2010
- Player Info:
- Offline Multi-player (4 max)
- Online Multi-player (4)
- Also known as:
- Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito in Japan
- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
- Dragon Quest Wars
- Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
- Dragon Quest IV
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
- Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey
- Dragon Warrior Monsters