BackgroundThe game de Blob is set in Croma City in the world of Raydia. It's a peaceful and colourful place, until all that is changed by the antagonist, the INKT Corporation. Their goal is to drain everything of colour, along with fun in the process. They are lead by Commander Black and are transforming the upbeat Raydians into enslaved Graydians.
To save them, a protagonist hero by the name of Blob. He joins the revolutionary group, the Colour Underground which is made up of the few surviving Raydians. From the start they recognise the potential within him, the potential to restore the Raydians and Croma City to former glory. Together, they plan to take on the entirety of INKT and bring back colour!
Gameplayde Blob puts you in control of the persona of Blob on a mission to restore colour to the city. You take on the evil INKT corporation, attempting to stop their evil plans to make the world black, white and full of despair. It's your job to complete challenges, scale obstacles and paint every single little thing you can see. Find pick-ups to help you and stay away from hazards. de Blob also features a multiplayer mode where you can battle it out with friends or race them.
- Urban exploration – control a fun animated Blob to transform an oppressive and hostile city into a vibrant, colorful and happy place.
- Real-time painting of cities.
- A number of unique locations with a different balance of game play puzzles and level objects.
- Compete against others in a range of multiplayer modes in the quest for winning Blob supremacy.
- Simple intuitive controls, which allow a unique use of the Wii controller offering gamers an animated playing experience.
- Release Date Jan 23
- Genre: Puzzle Games
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: BlueTongue Software
- Publisher: THQ
Released North America Q1 2008
- Also known as:
- Blob: Colorful na Kibou in Japan