Also on: Xbox
Release Dates NA September 01 CANCELLED EU Nov 23, 01 JP Sep 6, 01
ultimadream and 4 others played Shenmue II (Import)
ultimadream and 15 others own Shenmue II (Import)
Mariochu May 22, 10 6:05pmGreat martial art game. best x-box game I've ever played.
vixtro Apr 16, 06 8:00pmsame as dreamcast version but with slightly better graphics and an english dubb
aviationwiz Mar 15, 03 5:34pm
This is a great game. You can import the English European version on DC to the US...
The Lukster Jul 08, 02 5:02am
The game itselph continued from the orignel and if you diddent play the orignel you...
BackgroundShenmue II is the second episode of this episodic adventure, picking up right after the first installment left off. Ryo Hazuki finally makes it to Hong Kong and there his quest to uncover the truth of his father's murder can continue. He'll also meet in person the woman who haunted his dreams in the first episode. The immersive game world is more detailed and there's a greater emphasis on action this time around. Explore Aberdeen, Kowloon, Wan Chai and Guilin, and meet more characters!
GameplayShenmue II is an epic adventure with all the elements of a great movie–drama, mystery, suspense, and action – and offers a unique game-playing experience that seamlessly blends elements of action, adventure, fighting, and RPG games. In Shenmue II players assume the role of Ryo Hazuki, a young man dedicated to the task of tracking his father's murderer and unlocking the mysteries of the Phoenix Mirror. Shenmue II continues where Shenmue I left off and brings Ryo to Hong Kong with many questions still unanswered as he follows the trail of Lan Di, the man who killed his father.
- Set in Hong Kong, Kowloon, and Guilin, this highly-detailed world will introduce you to breathtaking scenery.
- New navigational system allows you to map out your current location and mark areas you visit to advance you through your adventure.
- Fight new enemies, gamble in Hong Kong alleys, and interact with a whole new cast of characters that will change your fate with every encounter.
- Massive 3D worlds allow full interaction with almost every facet of environment.
- Take control of your quest with the new "QTE Action Key," a new feature that allows you to ask questions that impact the interaction with other game characters.
- Advanced "Weather" and "Time Control" technology deliver a visually impactful real-time world with moving 3D skies and changing terrain and vegetation.