Activision Anthology is a classic gaming compilation that delivers over 40 Activision games for the Atari 2600 from Barnstorming to River Raid, plus never-before-released titles! Choose from "Classic" mode or "3D Enhanced" options which offer a challenging twist to these classics. Go online and download new games and demos, as well as historical info about Activision, the games and their creators. An 80's soundtrack featuring artists from the decade brings the nostalgia full circle.
Be a flying ace, a race car champion, a tennis star, and a space pioneer all in one afternoon. That's right! Feathered hair, one-hit wonders, and the golden age of video games are back! Right here in the comfort of your own home. Remember kicking back on your beanbag and trying to get Pitfall Harry past the third pit on the right? How about breaking 15,000 points on River Raid to earn a patch? Those were the good ol' days. And they're back with a vengeance! Crank up the radio, pop in a cartridge, and take a step backwards in time with all your old favorites, including Pitfall 1 & 2, Commando, Freeway, Keystone Kapers, Seaquest, River Raid 1 & 2, Spider Fighter and many more.
- Over 40 Games for the Atari 2600 in One Package - Titles range from old favorites such as Chopper Command, Kaboom, Rampage, Megaman and Dragster, to some of the most obscure classics like Commando and Space Shuttle, to previously unreleased games like Kabobber.
- Jam to an '80's Soundtrack - While you play down memory lane, rock-out to an '80's-themed soundtrack featuring hit songs that are sure to bring the memories rushing back.
- Go to Your Room - Instead of a typical flat screen shell, the menu functions of the game are brought to life in the setting of a teenager's bedroom from the '80's. To play a game, select the Atari 2600 console on the floor; to change the music select the radio; and to go online select the phone.
- Multiple Gameplay Modes - Revisit your old favorites in either "Classic" or 3D Enhanced modes. Classic mode lets you play the original way, while Enhanced adds a bit of a challenge such as Richochet where the screen bounces; Cube where the game appears on the face of a spinning cube; and Whirl where the screen slowly spins 360 degrees around in the middle.
- Go Online for More Games - Connect to the Activision Classic Gaming Web site to download game prototypes, technology demos, and other rare game oddities never before released. The Web site also features historical info about Activision, it's designers, programmers and the console that started it all