BackgroundWhat happens when friends, family members and celebrities become Mii characters with their own personalities and live on an island where almost anything can happen? Tomodachi Life, that’s what! Customize your Mii characters’ lives, and witness the unpredictable drama that unfolds as they rock out, eat donuts, and ride the ups and downs of romance.
Everyone you know, and everyone you wish you knew, should prepare to meet their Mii maker – you! – as you build a bustling fantasy population of friends, family and even celebrities, all in one wild and hilarious world. The real emotional connection you already share with your Mii characters will keep you glued to the drama, intrigue and hilarity that ensues as everyone goes about their extraordinary daily lives, evolving and interacting in unpredictable and often uproarious ways.
Game PlayAfter completely customizing all your Mii characters, from their voices and appearances right down to their personality quirks, you’ll recognize them instantly. But you can’t possibly predict what they’ll do next. For the first time ever, Mii characters behave based on the personality traits you select, playing out the drama you set in motion. A celebrity might fall in love with your math teacher. Your mom might jump on stage to belt out heavy metal songs. Or you could become famous striking poses down the runway of a fashion show wearing cute and silly outfits. Best of all, you can document these unbelievable moments for posterity and share them all with your friends via the Nintendo 3DS Image Share service.
The plot of Tomodachi Life thickens with the addition of each Mii character. As they deliver one gripping twist and turn after another, you can reward them with in-game gifts and clothes, their favourite foods or special flourishes for their apartments. Together you can further broaden your Tomodachi Life horizons by exploring the island, solving characters’ problems and helping them with their needs.
FeaturesObserve and participate in a vibrant world where unexpected things happen every day. Discover and experience different areas on the island, including shops, a concert hall and an amusement park. Something new and unique can be done at each location, so expect the unexpected every time you check in on your islanders.
- Create Mii characters by customizing all aspects of their appearances, and bring them to life by customizing their personalities and voices.
- There are all sorts of activities that you can do with your Mii characters. Find out what they like by watching their reactions to the gifts, foods, and items you give them. Play a variety of mini-games with your islanders or watch them perform songs live on stage. You can also solve their problems to help them level up and unlock new gift items that you can give your Mii characters.
- Create QR codes that save the appearance, personality and voice settings of your Mii characters. If any of your Mii characters have children, you can choose to let them travel, where they’ll wander from one person’s island to another, all through the StreetPass functionality.
- Share photos of the fun and humorous events happening on your island via the Nintendo 3DS Image Share Tool. Take a picture of either the top or bottom screen of the Nintendo 3DS system by simply pressing the X or Y button. Sharing is easy with the in-game menu icon that directly lets you access your Nintendo Image Share.
Best way to unwind and torture your friends and family without getting too graphic and violent because that would be a bad thing
This game gets an 8/10 from me. It's well thought, cleverly put together, and with all the tings...
The NPD Group's monthly report card for U.S. retail sales is in, and June 2014 was looking good... posted Jul 17, 14 3:53pm
Nintendo has recently announced that a demo for their next major life simulation project will... posted Jul 01, 14 7:01pm
Tomodachi Life is a simulator for Nintendo 3DS.
07/03/2014 Update - I have raised the score and...
Controversy erupted earlier this week over the lack of same-sex relationships in Nintendo's... posted May 09, 14 2:30pm
In a world where your Miis live to the beat of a different drum... well you can't really be... posted Apr 10, 14 11:48am
In their latest financial report covering the three month period ended June 30th, Nintendo... posted Jul 31, 13 6:04pm
- Genre: Life Sims (3DS)
- Theme(s): Family
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Jun 6, 2014 Europe Jun 6, 2014 Japan Apr 18, 2013 Australia Jun 7, 2014
- Also known as:
- Tomodachi Collection in Japan
- Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu in Japan