BackgroundTwo worlds collide in an all-new adventure set in the world of Super NES classic The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. In this new tale, Link can transform into a living painting to cross into a dark, parallel-dimension Hyrule. Venture through the puzzles, traps and hidden rooms of deadly dungeons to save both worlds from certain doom!
This beloved, top-down world springs to life in 3D, offering the perfect backdrop for a sweeping new tale. Dungeons seem deeper, darker and more treacherous, even as Link and his attacks pop out, highlighting the nonstop action. The pace is faster than ever, and item management is a breeze on the Nintendo 3DS touch screen. Shoot an arrow, toss a boomerang, bomb a wall, then merge into a painting to slide between two worlds—all in a matter of seconds. With gameplay, visuals, and controls this smooth and consistent, no Zelda adventure has ever been so action-packed.
- A daring adventure awaits Link in Hyrule, where he can use his new ability to become a “drawing” and merge into walls of dungeons and fields. This opens up new ways to explore, and puzzle elements that give Link access to locations he could not otherwise reach.
- Link will have to explore not one, but two distinct worlds, including the dark and mysterious Lorule, if he wants to vanquish the evil Yuga.
- The game brings this top-down, 2D world to life with elevation and depth enabled by the Nintendo 3DS system’s 3D visuals. The stunning 3D visuals are made possible by the constant frame rate of 60 frames per second.
- Using the touch screen, touch and drag the item from the items window and switch the item assigned to the X and/or Y buttons.
Official URLOfficial Game Site (NA)
Official Series Site (NA)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Do you know that I actually got A Link Between Worlds right when it first released? I even...
First things first: A Link Between Worlds would be my personal pick for 2013s game of the year. ...
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences wrapped up its 17th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards show,... posted Feb 07, 14 11:19am
- Genre: Action/Adventure (3DS)
- Theme(s): Fantasy
- Perspective(s): Top Down,Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Nov 22, 2013 Europe Nov 22, 2013 Japan Dec 26, 2013 Australia Nov 23, 2013
- Also known as:
- Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce 2 in Japan
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass