BackgroundIn 2003 the Pokémon franchise entered its Third Generation with the releases of Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire on the Game Boy Advance, bringing players to the Hoenn Region, and not just to explore but to meet a new cast of Pokémon along some familiar Pokémon from the previous two Generations.
The one thing that was missing from that particular release: the new games could not communicate with the previous two Generations due to major coding changes between the last Generation on the Game Boy Color and the first Generation on the Game Boy Advance.
More than eleven years later, a new Generation of gamers will now get to experience an all-new adventure in Hoenn with Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. And for those that played Ruby and/or Sapphire: if you thought you knew the whole story in Hoenn: think again, because the storyline has been expanded and all new features have been added!
Game PlayFor those that aren't familiar, the basic game play formula of a main game in the Pokémon franchise is to catch and train a variety of Pokémon whilst traveling on a Pokémon Journey, visiting towns and cities along the way and challenging their Pokémon Gyms to win Pokémon League Badges.
The overall goal is to defeat the Elite Four and to become the Hoenn Champion, but there are more goals than that along the way to that final goal. Along the journey you'll meet a variety of different Trainers, Breeders and other people who will have their own ways of interacting with Pokémon. Some areas cannot be reached without using a move contained within a Hidden Machine, such as Cut, Surf and Strength, just to name a few.
Eventually you'll come across Team Magma, and hear of their nefarious scheme to take over the world using the power of Primal Reversion, along with meeting those who wish to stop them!
- Over 200 Pokémon to collect in the Hoenn Pokédex, including some Pokémon that evolve in later Generations such as Rhyperior, Roserade, Mismagius, Dusknoir and Gallade!
- Sneak by walking slowly by barely moving the Circle Pad in that direction, making it possible to encounter Wild Pokémon that could know a move that it normally wouldn't know at that level amongst other surprises!
- Flying on the back of a Latias courtesy of the Eon Flute, exploring Hoenn in a completely new manner!
- Including with Mega Evolution comes Primal Reversion, as you battle the villainous Team Magma and Groudon in its Primal form, last seen thousands of years ago!
- And just when you thought you were all done: after becoming the Champion comes the all-new Delta Episode!
The hype is realy for competitive Pokemon fans around the world as Nintendo and Game Freak... posted Feb 05, 15 3:34pm
The moment you start up the game, you remember the first time you started up Pokemon Ruby and...
Sorry, I just had to say that.
So, fellow Pokemon fans, here's the games we've...
Despite November witnessing the official launch of several major gaming titles across all... posted Dec 11, 14 5:17pm
- Genre: Fantasy RPG (3DS)
- Theme(s): Anime
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Game Freak
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Nov 21, 2014 Europe Nov 28, 2014 Japan Nov 21, 2014 Australia Nov 21, 2014
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
- Pokémon Omega Ruby
- Pokémon Art Academy
- Pokémon Battle Trozei
- Pokémon Bank
- Pokémon X
- Pokémon Y
- Pokédex 3D Pro
- Pokémon White Version 2
- Pokémon Black Version
- Pokémon White Version
- Pokémon SoulSilver Version
- Pokémon HeartGold Version
- Pokémon Platinum Version
- Pokémon Diamond
- Pokémon Pearl