BackgroundThe hunt is on to reach a grand total of One Million Coins in New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS. However Bowser has once again kidnapped Princess Peach, and it's up to Mario and Luigi to save the Princess whilst collecting a total of One Million Coins.
Game PlayRun, jump, swim, fly, and battle enemies through multiple levels in each world. Finishing one world allows players to move onto the next, but each level features impediments in the forms of obstacles, at least one fortress, a variety of Bowser's minions including Hammer Bros., Paratroopas, Piranha Plants, and bosses both familiar and with new twists. This all culminates with the final showdown against Bowser inside his castle.
- The Super Leaf makes its return to the main series, its first appearance since Super Mario Bros. 3, and it functions just like it did before: can break blocks or knock aside enemies along with flying after running for a certain amount of time.
- Added to the series is the Gold Flower, whose fireballs explode when they hit something, and turn anything from blocks to enemies into coins! Defeating enemies in this form will also add to the coin total.
- Coin Rush mode allows players to play through a set of levels that they've already cleared in an effort to get as many coins as possible within a shorter time limit. The checkpoints will also add to your time remaining, but if you hit the top of the flagpole your coin total doubles! There's also a variety of DLC packs available to purchase via Nintendo eShop to support this mode.
Hardware Info1 Game Card or eShop Download
Official URLOfficial Site (US)
Official Site (EU)
Official Site (JP)
The 2012 holiday shopping season couldn't pull the video game industry out of its miserable trend of year-on-year... posted Jan 10, 13 5:17pm
You probably had the feeling Borderlands 2 would be a top-selling title no matter what, and that it managed to... posted Oct 12, 12 10:50am
Three DLC packs have just launched for New Super Mario Bros 2 in the North American and UK. The content includes... posted Oct 02, 12 7:23am
New Super Mario Bros 2
-updated to reflect the add on content
This review will use the...
August 2012 NPD Number Crunch: Darksiders II, NSMB2 & Kingdom Hearts 3D top another month of industry decline
The NPD Group's August 2012 US retail sales report confirms another 20 percent year-on-year drop in industry... posted Sep 06, 12 6:13pm
To celebrate the impending release of New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS, Nintendo is declaring the "Month of Mario"... posted Jul 24, 12 2:09pm
- Genre: Platformer Action (3DS)
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Aug 19, 2012 Europe Aug 17, 2012 Japan Jul 28, 2012 Australia Aug 18, 2012
- Player Info:
- Offline Co-op (2 max)
- Mario Maker
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Mario Bros.
- New Super Luigi U
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario World
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move