BackgroundLaunching on Nintendo 3DS, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate represents the biggest leap forward ever for the series with more new content and exciting features than ever before. Also, for the first time ever for the Monster Hunter series on a handheld system, players will be able to join up with friends over the internet via the Nintendo Network, as well as the previously available local wireless option.
Game PlayMonster Hunter 4 Ultimate will take players to new heights, literally, with the introduction of more vertical and lateral movement than ever. An expanded repertoire of actions will create more dynamic hunting experiences with fluid climbing motions and the ability to jump attack from walls or ledges. In addition, players will be able to ride atop a monster for a limited time as they hang on and deliver attacks. With the addition of two new weapon classes, challenging new monsters and numerous locales, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be the most robust hunting experience yet.
- Online Play: Connect with up to three other hunters online over the Nintendo Network for the first time ever, or local wireless, to join up and take down larger than life beasts.
- Two new weapon classes: The Insect Glaive is a long staff type weapon accompanied by a powerful flying insect which can be customized with various attributes; the Charge Blade is a hybrid that switches between a sword and shield or axe mode, with the ability to collect energy from attacks to charge up and unleash powerful attacks. The 12 previous weapon types have also been updated with modifications to moves or combos.
- More vertical environments: The action expands with more fluid climbing motions and the addition of jump attacks from walls or ledges.
- Virus effect: Monsters are even more threatening with a new feral effect which makes them stronger and more vicious than in their normal state.
- New gameplay mechanic: For the first time ever, hop on to monsters and hold on to deliver a burst of attacks.
- Dynamic terrain changes: Some monsters can cause the battlefield to shift during a fight, making even ground slant at an angle into a steep slope; if hunters are not careful, they could slide right out of the zone into the next area.
- Returning favorites and fresh challenges: With several brand new monsters such as the dark and menacing Gore Magala as well as hordes of returning favorites including the primal Tigrex, players have access to a larger roster of ferocious enemies than ever before.
- All new areas: Journey as a part of a traveling caravan and explore brand new locales and villages, each with its own unique look and feel.
- Epic gear: Hundreds of new items and equipment for players to craft and acquire, including all new rare and powerful G rank weapons and armor.
- Felyne Comrades: Felyne AI partners can be recruited on the journey and will feature in-depth customization options of their own with armor, weapons and skills specific to them.
- Nintendo 3DS touch screen features: Provides easy access to in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games, as well as the useful target lock option that auto-focuses on a main enemy.
- Exchange your information: Send and receive guild cards with fellow hunters via the Nintendo StreetPass function.
- Hunters for hire: Use the local Nintendo 3DS search feature to search for other hunters nearby
The battle continues between the PS4 and Xbox One at U.S. retail and while Sony maintains the... posted Mar 12, 15 4:38pm
Despite misgivings some players had over Evolve's DLC, Turtle Rock and 2K Games' new 4vs1... posted Feb 16, 15 12:29pm
It appears that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate may be arriving in gamers' hands a little sooner than... posted Jan 14, 15 9:56am
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is about to get a whole lot better, arguably speaking, with the... posted Oct 08, 14 9:23pm
At least three months before Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate could even potentially be released in... posted Sep 18, 14 12:56am
The Capcom booth never fails to attract a crowd at San Diego Comic-Con, and while Street... posted Jul 24, 14 3:01pm
In many ways I believe a majority of games for the Nintendo 3DS are designed to be too simple,... posted Jun 13, 14 9:24am
As part of its build up to the E3 expo (June 10-12) Capcom has gone ahead and released a new... posted Jun 06, 14 2:25pm
Monster Hunter 4G gets a new trailer today by way of Capcom, and while this is technically for... posted Apr 21, 14 4:27pm
- Genre: Action/Adventure (3DS)
- Theme(s): Alternate Reality
- Perspective(s): First Person
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
Released North America Feb 13, 2015 Japan Oct 11, 2014
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd