Game InfoFrom the critically acclaimed director, Hideo Kojima, a new 3D experience re-imagined from one of the most popular Metal Gear Solid titles from the past, comes Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D.
In the aftermath of the Second World War, the world was torn in two between East and West. It was the beginning of a new era- the Cold War.
October 16, 1962. The President of the United States received word that the Soviet Union had deployed nuclear missiles in Cuba. The world trembled in fear as the prospect of nuclear war loomed ever closer. After days of tense negotiations, the Soviets finally agreed on the 28th to withdraw their missiles from Cuban soil. With the resolution of this incident, later to be known as the Cuban Missile Crisis, it seemed that humanity had survived yet another threat to its existence.
However, there was a secret condition in the deal that put an end to the crisis. Nokolai Stepanovich Sokolov, a Soviet scientist who had defected to the West, was to be sent back to the Soviet Union. The U.S. government agreed to this stipulation, and returned Sokolov back to his native land. Little did they know that Sokolov was to be the designer of a nightmarish weapon. Now, with Sokolov back in their hands, the Soviets are ready to resume its development. If this weapon is completed, it will mark the beginning of a new age of fear.
August 1964. Realizing at last the urgency of the situation, the CIA forms a plan to recapture Sokolov. They dispatch the covert FOX unit to Sokolov’s research facility, located to the south of the great Soviet fortress of Groznyj Grad. Led by former SAS member Major Zero, FOX is a next-generation special-forces unit that operates both as a specialized combat group and as a covert intelligence outfit. The FOX unit’s modus operandi is to send a single agent, backed by radio support from afar, into enemy territory to carry out solo sneaking missions.
August 24. A lone soldier swoops down from out of the blue. The man’s code name is Naked Snake.
- Experience MGS3D in 3D for the first time ever.
- Auto-stereoscopic 3D brings jungle world to life
- ‘Photo Camo’ system takes real pictures and transfers them to real in-game camo
- Utilizing the Gyro Sensor, players will become one with Snake with tilt controls and more
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (JP)
[image1 link=yes width=260 float=right]Some great stuff is available today for 3DS and Wii owners. The Metal Gear... posted Feb 16, 12 9:30am
Starting January 19, 3DS owners in North America and Europe can download demos from the eShop. The first demo up... posted Jan 18, 12 10:35am
[image1 link=yes width=250 float=right]After a short delay, Konami is ready to bring Metal Gear Solid: Snake... posted Jan 10, 12 11:43am
What's in store for Nintendo console owners in the first quarter of 2012? Quite a bit, actually. 3DS users have... posted Dec 13, 11 9:23am
The long wait for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D is about to become even longer, as Konami confirms that the... posted Jul 27, 11 3:13pm
Well, we all know how this story ends, but for anyone who didn't keep up with the pre-PS3 Metal Gear Solid games,... posted May 09, 11 12:14pm
Konami's bringing back Big Boss for a repeat outing through the jungles of Tselinoyarsk in Metal Gear Solid:... posted Sep 30, 10 2:12am
- Genre: Action/Adventure (3DS)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Kojima Productions
- Publisher: Konami
Released North America Feb 21, 2012 Europe Mar 6, 2012 Japan Mar 8, 2012
- Metal Gear Online (2008)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (2013)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition (2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition (2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008)
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2012)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (2003)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection (2008)
- The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 (2002)
- Metal Gear Acid (2005)
- Metal Gear Acid 2 (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid (2009)
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel 2 (2008)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010)
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (2006)
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (2007)
- Metal Gear Solid (2000)