BackgroundSince 1992, the Mario Kart franchise has been thrilling fans of the kart racing genre with unique, innovative features that weren't seen anywhere beforehand, and hard-pressed to find anywhere else.
Each release in the series has heralded new features to the series, including characters, new tracks and a memorable soundtrack that keeps fans coming back for more!
Game InfoFor the seventh time in the series, Mario Kart 7 takes the bar of kart racing and takes it up to new heights, this time in 3D! The limited roster of 16 karts might be a disappointment, but the graphics itself are at the best they've ever been, especially on the Nintendo 3DS!
Long tracks in games' past would take upwards of four to six minutes to complete, but that's no more, as for the first time in the series, long tracks are divided into three segments, including the iconic Rainbow Road and two tracks on Wuhu Island, home of many other Wii and 3DS titles starting with Wii Fit in 2007!
New items include the Fire Flower, which allows players to shoot fireballs forward and backward for a limited time; Super Leaf, which gives the kart a "tail" similar to Racoon Mario/Luigi in Super Mario Bros. 3, and can be used to swat away opposing karts, some hazards and incoming shells, but that won't work on a Spiny Shell; and the Lucky 7, which gives the player the following seven items in a loop around their kart: Mushroom, Starman, Bob-Omb, Red Shell, Green Shell, Banana and Blooper.
The series is known for craziness, and with Mario Kart, it isn't truly over until someone crosses the finish line!
- The evolution of the Mario Kart series continues with each new console or handheld. For the first time in the series, a glider will deploy on a big jump, and a propeller will deploy when the race goes underwater.
- Karts have a number of options for customization, so heavyweights no longer have to be burdened by poor handling or acceleration, and lightweights aren't necessarily bullied by the heavier characters or karts. This adds another level of strategy to the series!
- For the first time on a handheld, race as your Mii!
- 32 beautiful tracks, including 16 new tracks from a variety of locations and 16 Retro tracks from past Mario Kart titles, all beautifully remastered for the 3DS!
- Both Street Pass and Spot Pass features are supported!
- Over a Broadband Internet Connection, players can participate in races via Wireless or Online, taking the craziness of Mario Kart to the World Stage!
Whenever the subject of mascot racing comes up it is hard to not think of the iconic plumber who...
Mario Kart 7, possibly the greatest Mario Kart to date?
With its purty graphics, more balanced...
[image1 width=320 float=right] If you fancy yourself pretty good at Mario Kart 7 and live in England,... posted Jun 11, 12 7:52am
[image1 width=650] Until now, playing Mario Kart 7 was at least occasionally a frustrating experience, as... posted May 15, 12 6:48am
- Genre: Racing - Car (3DS)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Dec 4, 2011 Europe Dec 2, 2011 Japan Dec 1, 2011 Australia Dec 4, 2011