Game InfoSome 25 years after the original Kid Icarus game for NES captured the hearts and imaginations of gamers worldwide, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights – and new visual dimensions – on the Nintendo 3DS system. The dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army have returned, and they’ve got their sights set on the heroic angel Pit. With the aid of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, Pit must fend off this malevolent threat. The richly immersive graphics of the Nintendo 3DS system offer incredible depth as Pit battles enemies by air and by land.
- Designed by Masashiro Sakurai – creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros. – Kid Icarus: Uprising is an epic, action-packed odyssey that unfolds with stunning 3D visuals. The game also includes fully-voiced levels and an amazing soundtrack.
- Each Chapter delivers nonstop action and is broken up into two sections: Air Battle and Land Battle. In Air Battle the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter. When Pit is facing enemies in Land Battle, the game play handles more like a third-person shooter.
- Collect different weapons and learn the unique characteristics of each weapon type as you determine which weapon is best suited for each battle.
- Experience an innovative take on multiplayer battles in Light vs. Dark, as two teams battle on land whittling away at the other team’s health meter each time a team member is defeated. The team battle then changes to a man-hunt once one team’s meter is emptied. The opposing team must target the other team’s lone angel to win the match.
- The game includes AR Card compatibility. Using the built-in 3D camera on the Nintendo 3DS system, the game recognizes countless specially designed AR Cards, with animated game characters popping up in 3D on the game screen and even battling each other when two cards face off.
- The game’s simple, intuitive play control has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting. The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced maneuvers.
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (JP)
Kid Icarus on the NES was a game that was so ambitious, that it toppled under its own weight....
Kid Icarus: Uprising is my all time favorite game. In the game you play as a...
[image1 width=300 float=right] Unfortunate news from Nintendo as word has it that the console giant has... posted Jul 11, 12 10:47am
As much as I feel like saying "holy shit it's Capsized all over again", I can't,...
This review uses a weighted total
Graphics – 20%
3D Effect – 5%
Game Play – 40%
Plot – 15%
- Genre: Action Shooter (3DS)
- Perspective(s): Third Person
- Developer: Sora Ltd.
- Publisher: Nintendo
Released North America Mar 23, 2012 Europe Mar 23, 2012 Japan Mar 22, 2012 Australia Mar 29, 2012
- Player Info:
- Online Multi-player (1-6)
- Also known as:
- Shin Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami in Japan