Shigeo Komori, Director of Etrian Odyssey III (but not of the recently released Etrian Odyssey IV) took to... posted Mar 25, 13 9:45am
Just in case 3DS owners hadn't already filled their early February schedule with Fire Emblem: Awakening, ATLUS... posted Jan 22, 13 3:41pm
The last trailer for hardcore RPG Etrian Odyssey 4 featured the unconventionally named Landsknecht class, but the... posted Dec 21, 12 7:39am
The newest trailer for oldschool RPG Etrian Odyssey 4 focuses on the Landsknecht class. This isn't exactly a... posted Dec 14, 12 8:00am
February 26 is the date Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan will be released for the 3DS, just a few months... posted Nov 27, 12 12:50pm
The very first English screens for the upcoming Etrian Odyssey 4: Legends of the Titan are here today, as you can... posted Oct 19, 12 7:06am
Anyone worried oldschool-style RPG Etrian Odyssey 4 wouldn't make it westward need not anymore: Atlus has again... posted Oct 04, 12 7:24am
BackgroundFor centuries, the tree Yggdrasil has been a constant presence in the lives of the people of Tharsis. It looms on the horizon, visible from everywhere in the city. But its roots are in a far-off land where no one has ventured until the Outland Count of Tharsis sponsors an Explorers Guild to reach Yggdrasil and discover its secrets. You are the latest explorer arriving in Tharsis to seek your fame and fortune. Board your skyship and set out into the clouds in search of treasure, glory, and the answer to Tharsis' oldest mystery.
Game PlayLegends of the Titan introduces a wide range of enhancements and additions, including a greatly improved graphics engine with polygonal enemies and special effects designed to take full advantage of the platform's unique 3D capabilities. As with previous games in the series, players explore beautiful yet menacing realms - each varied in flora and fauna - mapping their journey along the way using the touch screen and their stylus. No two games are ever the same, thanks to a character creation and party customization system that encourages experimentation and rewards creativity and imagination. Moreover, while Legends of the Titan - built with older hardcore gamers in mind -- is still a brutal challenge and not for the faint of heart, a new Casual mode option ensures newcomers to the series and genre need not be intimidated.
- Casual Mode: Etrian Odyssey IV has a new casual difficulty level for first time players or those who are more interested in the labyrinth and mapping aspect of the game. The choice is now yours whether to play through the game casually or to experience the rush of life-or-death combat!
- 3D Monsters: Fully realized monsters roam the forest! All of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth's creatures now have 3D models. The monsters designed by Shin Nagasawa are brought to life, adding excitement to battles. Even the especially dangerous FOEs wander the labyrinth in 3D now!
- The World: Board your skyship to explore a massive world! In Etrian Odyssey IV, you'll explore both land and sky, gaining access to more of the world as you go. Board your airship to navigate the skies and get a different perspective on the lands you visit.
- Battle System: Monsters also appear in formations! Just like your own party, monsters are divided into melee and ranger attackers. Some of your attacks have different ranges; they may target an entire line or pierce across enemy lines, allowing for more strategic decisions.
- Guild Cards: Guild Cards contain a lot of information about your party- and in this game you can even select one of your guild members to be your guild's representative on the card. You can then exchange Guild Cards by StreetPassing with other players or using QR codes and add the other guild's representative to your party.
- Skyship: You can equip many useful items on your airship! As the story progresses, your skyship will be able to ascend to greater heights. Fly the uncharted skies and discover what awaits in the upper reaches of the land!
Official URLOfficial Site (NA)
Official Site (JP)